HELP!!!!##

Eron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2015
Ok so my son dumped a whole container of fish food in my discus/angel tank. Wouldn't be to concerned but it is the huge bulk container and it was only a few days old. I netted as much as I could out of the tank. Vacuumed and did water change 80% and pulled my filter media and replaced it (which it was due for) is there anything else I can do? I plan on vacuuming again this evening and so on till I feel it better. Is there anything else I can do. I've got over a grand just in fish in this tank not including the fact that it is planted. Nor to concerned about the plants they a probably enjoy the mess.

Eron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2015
It's stressful. I'm just wondering how much if a water change is too much. Cause I could vacuum the tank till its out of water. If I do any at all this evening it would have a 100% water change in less than 12 hrs

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Eron, it sounds like you did all the right things and got it done quickly. That's the main thing. Like said, keep an eye on your water parameters to verify your beneficial bacteria kept up with the bio load.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Eron, it sounds like you did all the right things and got it done quickly. That's the main thing. Like said, keep an eye on your water parameters to verify your beneficial bacteria kept up with the bio load.

Eron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2015
Thanks all. I got home from wrk and did lose a discus. Sucks but it wasn't one of my large expensive ones. Never the less it was my favorite one. Did another water change 50% and removed the rest of the discus and put them in a smaller planted tank. Rest of fish are coping ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store