Zika Virus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It seems this thing is making it's way with fourteen cases in Florida and two cases here in Pennsylvania.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; A case reported in TN (USA). Is someone who traveled in South America. No worries about mosquitoes just now as it has been below freezing the last few days and only got above this afternoon for a while.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Are they still going with the mosquito thing ? I though i heard it could be transmitted through sex

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
if you are male, and have had the virus, it can harbor per say in the testicles for a few months, even tho you have recovered from the infection. This is not new. other viruses including ebola can do this, it is not permanent and is not concedered an STD, per say, women can not give it to men in this way. Again, protected sex for awhile or some quality time with a hand puppet till cleared out.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
Zika has already affected me personally. I canceled my vacation trip to Panama next month. My fear is not about pregnancy, but a rare complication from Zika that causes temporary paralysis which migrates from toes to upper body. If breathing is affected, ventilator is needed to keep the patient alive. This has not received as much press coverage as birth defect, but it's more serious because anyone, pregnant or not, can be affected.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
any viral infection can cause what you are afraid of, if a other wise healthy person with no predisposed conditions the chances are very slim. same as with the common flu.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and me personally? when you travel to other countries you open you self up to a strain of cold or flue virus that is not same as where you just fought one from, hell from the same country, ever been to boot camp,. every one gets sick, stuck in air port for 3 days? going to get a bug, new to the collage dorm? more than like going to get a bug.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store