Help?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ dont get me wrong, tank looks good, even a few more larger rocks could work well...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I personally think a few more of those pieces of wood should look good...

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
With my goldfish I've found a couple of plants they don't destroy to quickly, these are:

Types of Anubius
Java fern
Java moss
Blue stricta
My little Crypts
Bolbitis
Liliopsis
Creeping Jenny
Most Sword varieties.

Plants they eat before I get my hand out of the tank:
Ambulia
Hairgrass
Wisteria
Azola

Its all about trial and error keeping goldfish with plants, the biggest problem I've had with them causing damage to plants in the first list is uprooting them. Buy a plant, chuck it in the tank, if they eat it, don't buy it again, if they don't eat it, great! :)

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
I personally think a few more of those pieces of wood should look good...
Over the weekend I'm going to go check down by the creek, we just got a couple days of rain and snow so maybe some nice peices got tossed up on the bank.
With my goldfish I've found a couple of plants they don't destroy to quickly, these are:

Types of Anubius
Java fern
Java moss
Blue stricta
My little Crypts
Bolbitis
Liliopsis
Creeping Jenny
Most Sword varieties.

Plants they eat before I get my hand out of the tank:
Ambulia
Hairgrass
Wisteria
Azola

Its all about trial and error keeping goldfish with plants, the biggest problem I've had with them causing damage to plants in the first list is uprooting them. Buy a plant, chuck it in the tank, if they eat it, don't buy it again, if they don't eat it, great! :)
It's good Java moss was on your list of things that work with your goldfish. As that was going to be my only choice, besides tossing in a bunch of duckweed for them to munch on. Thank you guys for your replies

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd grab yourself some anubias barteri or coffeefolia, tie the roots onto the wood you have already and/or will gather; then sit back and enjoy the low maintenance.

Anubias look fantastic when they get going, goldfish won't touch them; and if you use magnetic clips on the back, or tied high on the wood, it'll add dimension to the upper levels of your tank

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
...and if you use magnetic clips on the back...
The back of the tank??? What are these clips and where the hell do I buy them???? :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ love the idea, but dang thosw clips aint cheap... Maybe regular suction cups could also work???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store