Zika Virus

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Are they still going with the mosquito thing ? I though i heard it could be transmitted through sex
From what they said last week, no one inside the US has been infected by mosquitoes. They have all come from outside and arrived here already infected. Now, the sex problem can be spread from anywhere. It hasn't been mentioned if it's a matter of fluid exchange...such as spit. I would think not as it hasn't been said.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Wonder how this will play out when the weather gets warmer. They mention anything about that ?

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
any viral infection can cause what you are afraid of, if a other wise healthy person with no predisposed conditions the chances are very slim. same as with the common flu.
True, Guillain-Barre or creeping paralysis can be caused by other viral infection. But a sudden jump in Guillain-Barre among Zika patients in Brazil is a concern to health officials. CDC has sent a team to Brazil to study the linkage. Zika epidemic is so new that there is still a lot we don't know. Guillain-Barre is a serious complication and until more research data become available, I would not rush to dismiss the concern an over reaction.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store