Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Here's the sea-run brookie.
View attachment 1164965
Tell me that's a 22" Brook trout.........*jaw drops* probably closer to 23" if it was perfectly straight

2 Chars huh, now it makes sense why they made the "Splake"....BrookXLake Trout hybrid
Also, that's the 2nd time I saw that name....what is this mythical "Bull Trout" you speak of? :)

EDIT: Just looked it up...man, I am way behind in current events...so much stuff has been reassigned, reclassified, Declassified, changed or whatever in the past 10 years : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_trout
That's awesome! I heard there's supposed to be tons of those guys up in Labrador. Very reminiscent of Coaster Brook Trout in Lake Superior.

View attachment 1164971
Are we looking at a pair or a comparison of 2 found in different locales?
Indeed it is, all white husky.

View attachment 1165018
1 word.......Awesome!

Last edited:

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Tell me that's a 22" Brook trout.........*jaw drops* probably closer to 23" if it was perfectly straight

2 Chars huh, now it makes sense why they made the "Splake"....BrookXLake Trout hybrid
Also, that's the 2nd time I saw that name....what is this mythical "Bull Trout" you speak of? :)

EDIT: Just looked it up...man, I am way behind in current events...so much stuff has been reassigned, reclassified, Declassified, changed or whatever in the past 10 years : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_trout

1 word.......Awesome!
Bull Trout (S. confluentus) are a pacific species of Char found primarily in the waters of British Columbia but there is also an endangered population in Washington state. I can't recall if they're in Alaska but if they are then it would be the more southern part of the state. I've seen some up to 36" and I believe they can grow even larger.

Oh, and those Coasters are both from the same collection spot. The "duller" one is a female and the brighter one a male.

Reactions: Frank Castle

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Indeed it is, all white husky.

View attachment 1165018
Awesome! A white and ...dark brown husky:)

1 word.......Awesome!
I wish. It is just over 22 cm.
We have splake here too, although I've never caught one. Another fine hatchery product.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Learn something new everyday, I thought splake was salmon x lake trout hybrid. There are some really cool trout crosses though, brown x speckled I think may be my favourite. Rainbow x brown are cool too, haven't seen other possibilities but have heard of some.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I would have mounted that fish. Probably would have thrown the actual fish back but taken crazy good pictures with size reference and all angles. True beauty.

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Alright, been fishing a lot here this week. And only by myself everyone else doesn't want to fish :(

Last was the biggest 4 lbs 14 oz

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Jiggin609
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com