I went in to buy a Jardini and left with this...

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
A silver arowana! The jardini was very small about 2-3 inches and the owner said he gets them in at 6-8 inches usually for around 80$ which is a good deal. He has one silver arowana around 5 inches and gave it to me for 37$ and I couldn't refuse lol

My last arowana was like 6 years ago and he was at 34-36 inches

Hopefully in a week or two I get a call for the Jardini

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Cool. Cute little guy. I'll probably never have a tank big enough for one of these, but if I did I probably could not resist putting an Arowana in it.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Thanks! Yeah now the thing is hes too small for my big tank lol don't wanna risk anything so probably going to put him in and the jardini in a 40 gallon to grow out to a foot and then put in the tank. Then plan is one or two rays... lol

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
nice pick up. I really want another aro. Had both jar and silver. I dont regret selling the silver. but the jar i do...

Last edited:

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Never had a jardini but this arowana was very active and just so small I had to have him.
My jar was very mellow(pansy) and when it came to feeding.aggressive feeder and eager to. but most jars are aholes. so you have been warned. mine hated red. It always fought with my red devil and punked the crap out of the red bay snook. but other then that. there awesome!

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
The Jardini they had this silver arowana could eat so that's why I wanted a bigger one. They had this water cow in there too and I was so tempted but stopped. I need bottom dwellers too lol

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
The Jardini they had this silver arowana could eat so that's why I wanted a bigger one. They had this water cow in there too and I was so tempted but stopped. I need bottom dwellers too lol
Water cow are cool gobies, I have trouble keeping them alive last a year high then their slime coat gets messed up and they just die on me. They're always the only fish affected, they're supposed to be true freshwater gobies though. I always figured it was something with my water, so I gave up on trying to keep them.
But nice pick up, and yea even when they're both grown and in the big tank your jar may kill the silver..

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Why didn't you get a crocodile? A party ain't a party unless there's a crocodile.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store