Boring

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
I stocked my 125g with African Cichlids to make it easier to maintain. It is nice having less splashing,waste,gravel moved, and feeders to buy but it's boring. I Miss my central and South American cichlids. So much more personality. Anyone else have the same experience?

Reactions: Frank Castle

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, I think my Discus are boring, I like how they look, and kinda want more bc I think a bigger tank of them might be nice, actually I think I want to try africans!! Shoulda stayed with my community :/

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I guess I like fish that seem to have some thought process behind their activity.

What fish are considered "wet pets"? Any large cichlid?

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
I guess I like fish that seem to have some thought process behind their activity.

What fish are considered "wet pets"? Any large cichlid?
For me I liked hand feeding my fish. I never owned an Oscar but I think that would classify as one also.

Mikefallen13

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Here's the way I look at it. Many commonly kept fish are pretty boring and really aren't at all interactive but can make for an awesome looking display tank, a look I personally prefer. Now don't get me wrong, I do love fish with personality, I have a flowerhorn that's really fun and interactive, but his tank is so boring otherwise! It seems that it's hard to make a visually appealing display with many of the big S.A cichlids because they love to rearrange everything to their liking. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just haven't seen many tanks with S.A cichlids I'd want as a display tank in my living room. I guess I personally like the aquascape design and visual appeal of a tank more than the personality of the fish in it.

But obviously, it's all down to personal tastes!

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
Here's the way I look at it. Many commonly kept fish are pretty boring and really aren't at all interactive but can make for an awesome looking display tank, a look I personally prefer. Now don't get me wrong, I do love fish with personality, I have a flowerhorn that's really fun and interactive, but his tank is so boring otherwise! It seems that it's hard to make a visually appealing display with many of the big S.A cichlids because they love to rearrange everything to their liking. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just haven't seen many tanks with S.A cichlids I'd want as a display tank in my living room. I guess I personally like the aquascape design and visual appeal of a tank more than the personality of the fish in it.

But obviously, it's all down to personal tastes!
I agree. For me though anyone that comes over loves the big fish and they ask questions. With my Africans everyone asks what kind of goldfish they are

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store