BIGGEST TEETH AND STRONGEST JAWS....

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
Im just not so sure if these freshwater fish can fit in a 500 gallon,or maybe just consider these on the list:ROFL::grinno:

MrHarris.JPG

redir.jpg

PK-19.jpg

Freke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2007
Sweden
www.exotiskfisk.se
mercury904;1401182; said:
Im just not so sure if these freshwater fish can fit in a 500 gallon,or maybe just consider these on the list:ROFL::grinno:
I would say the piranha got no chance in jaw strenght compared to the pacu but the pacu is like 10times as big to ;) And pacus easly crush a nut so ill know they are strong and they do have nasty teeths. i doubt a addult gator gar would fit in a 500g tank same with afircan tiger. I just know that my 40cm pacus would rip my finger of i they wanted to

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
Pacu bite HARD
puffers do too, so do triggers.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Very old thread here but I'm reading it so others will, pacu do not belong in a 500g tank either...
I was watching season 6 of river monsters and that piranha that bit through the metal cable, that is one dangerous set of jaws and I've seen rohms on bite pressure devices hit 80lb per square inch on another show, I believe they tested pacu too with a lower biting pressure. Lb for lb piranha is the king of fw fish biting Imo. I had a manny and it's the only fish I've been scared to put my hand in the tank with, he was insane... Had no problem with red Snakehead, mbu puffer, Cichlids, aro... Well a hairy puffer went for me once but I still put my hand in...

Reactions: tlindsey

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yup, pacu they are made to crack nuts, not fish flesh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store