300 dd marineland tank blows a seam

1eyedbicher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
west
While I have never had to deal with something of THAT high of a value .....I HAVE had very good experience with Marineland customer service/warranty returns, I would say excellent.Best of luck.

Ryan_R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
Athens, OH USA
You should be able to get a duplicate receipt from your LFS which should get you past the warranty thing.

Good luck. Our LFS owner has mentioned troubles with even smaller Marineland tanks.

-Ryan

csaechao

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
that sucks, i've always wanted to get one of these marineland DD tanks also. hope they take care of things for you.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
well well well, after buying one from someone on CL less than a month ago for a friend. when i spoke to the seller.. he had this problem with his original tank which had a pin hole leak on the front panel top seam.. marineland sent out a tech and warranty was issued and even moved it back to his originally aquarium location in his basement.. Now this passed Thursday night i got home to my 300 i have a leak to the back bottom panel i think.. haven't have time to check so had to drain out the tank with no choice but stock was moved to other tanks or reset up some temporary tank.. all fish was saved and now i'm sitting here looking at the empty garbage and read a lot of people having this problem with their DD... i have 2 marinelands currently running (120,180) both had it for ages....

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Been there, that sound of running water when there should be none sucks....

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Kevin a member on here had his 300 Marineland leak as well and they replaced the tank, stand, and part of the floor if I'm not mistaken. I believe the customer support he received as well was very good. pm kevincao kevincao

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
Kevin a member on here had his 300 Marineland leak as well and they replaced the tank, stand, and part of the floor if I'm not mistaken. I believe the customer support he received as well was very good. pm kevincao kevincao
We're currently on our 3rd 300 gallon Deep Dimension tank and stand. From what we've heard, Marineland has gone with using clear silicone on the bottom seam instead of black.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
We're currently on our 3rd 300 gallon Deep Dimension tank and stand. From what we've heard, Marineland has gone with using clear silicone on the bottom seam instead of black.
I don't believe back silicone is stronger then clear. the only issue I could see is if they change silicone, throughout the tank, it would show they seal tanks at different times

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
well well well, after buying one from someone on CL less than a month ago for a friend. when i spoke to the seller.. he had this problem with his original tank which had a pin hole leak on the front panel top seam.. marineland sent out a tech and warranty was issued and even moved it back to his originally aquarium location in his basement.. Now this passed Thursday night i got home to my 300 i have a leak to the back bottom panel i think.. haven't have time to check so had to drain out the tank with no choice but stock was moved to other tanks or reset up some temporary tank.. all fish was saved and now i'm sitting here looking at the empty garbage and read a lot of people having this problem with their DD... i have 2 marinelands currently running (120,180) both had it for ages....
Im sorry this happend man
Sucks. Any damage to the house ?

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
well i brought the tank used from someone from CT.. i didn't buy their stand so i had only 1 year warranty when marineland original had that going..but i would definitely email marineland about this matter.. thank you for the info..

i have black silicon all around for my tank..

I don't believe back silicone is stronger then clear. the only issue I could see is if they change silicone, throughout the tank, it would show they seal tanks at different times
not sure how that works out..

Im sorry this happend man
Sucks. Any damage to the house ?
well luckily i got home and notices my sump was below my lowest baffle water level and that was odd.. so i look behind the tank and it was a puddle of water.. i guess i have lost about 5-8gal of water already.. it was like 3-5 gal per hour leak.. so damage was not done to the basement... that day was busy day till night of course...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store