Check out this beast jack dempsey

twhittle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Clarkston, Wa
While I'm at it, any thoughts on the white pimple looking thing by his eye? He has a couple more near the tail. Is this a fungus? He had them when I rescued him.

Screenshot_2016-02-14-01-24-49.png

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I just had 'em....came in on a channel cat from a LFS I'm possibly never going back to. Get some parasite clear tablets (Praziquantel, Diflubenzeron,, Metronidazole, Acriflavin) and treat 'em like fish lice or anchor worms....treat for 3 weeks w/ 25% WC each week. As always remove carbon elements and boil before returning to the tank after treatment.

Not 100% sure what they were but that stuff did away with them. Might cost a little; $5 per 8 tablets, but it's good stuff. Dissolve the tablets in a bucket of water 1st since your tank is over 40G. U do all that and you'll be good in no time. Catty was still doubling his weight while the treatment was going on. I used full dose and didn't consider skin vs. scales for medicine, and he didn't even care. He went from 3" to almost 6" in a month since I bought him.

Hardier species of scaleless fish. Found this out years ago by accident. twhittle twhittle

Reactions: twhittle

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Here is my first crack at uploading a video of him via YouTube.

He's AWESOME!!! :D He seems to have a lot of personality from what I can see in the video.

Reactions: twhittle

twhittle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Clarkston, Wa
He's AWESOME!!! :D He seems to have a lot of personality from what I can see in the video.
He likes to swim right to me and he is good with other fish.

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
He likes to swim right to me and he is good with other fish.
He's the full package then, handsome, smart and a gentleman.. Now he really needs some ladies. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store