Safe to go inside 225 gallon?

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Beer brings friends, friend lift tank off stand onto the ground, Mike can fix tank without having to climb in, there's your efficiency right there! If the beer is cheaper than the taller ladder, there's a cost saving as well, and now that Mike does not have to get into the tank, thus eliminating the risk of breaking the tank and injuring himself, there's a reduction in risk as well.
To recap, beer improves efficiencies, saves costs, and reduces risk. Yeah beer!
Let's not forget the most important thing beer brings, ...patience! ;)

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Beer brings friends, friend lift tank off stand onto the ground, Mike can fix tank without having to climb in, there's your efficiency right there! If the beer is cheaper than the taller ladder, there's a cost saving as well, and now that Mike does not have to get into the tank, thus eliminating the risk of breaking the tank and injuring himself, there's a reduction in risk as well.
And I half-expected your "Location" to be Ireland when I looked over at your profile.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
That's great risks, cost/benefit analysis right there.

Reactions: convict360

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I've stood in my 300 before, my old 18 inch Wyckii swimming round my toes was my biggest worry..
My tank has 2 10mm panes layered but personally if the stand fully supports the Base like mine I would have no issues on a single 10mm pane, I weight about 14St.
Always a risk I guess.

20150117_090420.jpg

20150117_090407.jpg

Reactions: wednesday13

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
^Tmi :) I wouldn't stand in tank but if I had to I would put a piece of plywood down first to spread the weight.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I got inside my buddys 265 for a reseal while it was still on a stand... no other way i could strip the silicone out efficiently. Sure i worried a bit about the bottom shattering, so i placed pillows uderneath my knees and feet on all 4's. I only weigh 140lbs...but thats far less weight than water, tank also had a tempered bottom unsupported....This was back in 2011, tank was since sold, moved, and still holdin water :)

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
That glass can hold more than you think just standing on it.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Nobody asked how much the OP weighs?

I'm under 150lb, I would go inside......with shoes on of course.

If I was over 180, I'd wouldn't.

You could hire some super strong dude to hold you upside down to do this task, or hire a midget......I mean "little person" ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store