blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Forgot to post a pic of my other catch. He probably thinks that he's seeing his fate on the wall lol. Little 10" bass has eaten 7 shiners in 6 days as I'm using him to cycle the tank and letting him go Monday.

image.jpeg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Forgot to post a pic of my other catch. He probably thinks that he's seeing his fate on the wall lol. Little 10" bass has eaten 7 shiners in 6 days as I'm using him to cycle the tank and letting him go Monday.

View attachment 1165305
Lmao. You should grow him out until he's in the double digits:):)

Reactions: twcp

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA

View attachment 1165305
Hope he came from a private pond, never release a fish in to the wild from captivity unless it's a landlocked body of water that you have permission to. On a more positive note, what's the stock in that tank going to be?

Reactions: Frank Castle

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
False I started this in 09 and he stole my thread.....
Oh, I wasn't aware of that but looking back you're right. I didn't join until a couple years ago so I guess I just didn't notice. Were you inactive on the forums for a while? Perhaps that's why he started making the threads like I did this year since NC hasn't been posting for a while now.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
It's old now but...at that point I was the must active fishermen in the forum and I created the thread so the fishing forum would get more attention...then one year...bam he just steals my thread because he wanted to post something...straight foul but it is what it is.....
Oh, I wasn't aware of that but looking back you're right. I didn't join until a couple years ago so I guess I just didn't notice. Were you inactive on the forums for a while? Perhaps that's why he started making the threads like I did this year since NC hasn't been posting for a while now.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
It's old now but...at that point I was the must active fishermen in the forum and I created the thread so the fishing forum would get more attention...then one year...bam he just steals my thread because he wanted to post something...straight foul but it is what it is.....
lol I can't tell if you're joking or seriously offended LOL You seem so sincere, yet at the same time..............uhm, idk

Hope he came from a private pond, never release a fish in to the wild from captivity unless it's a landlocked body of water that you have permission to. On a more positive note, what's the stock in that tank going to be?
Don't advise him not to keep undersized bass or anything. That's perfectly normal lololol

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Of course it bothered me but this is social networking...what im supposed to do about it...I love this site and I love fishing..enjoy guys

Reactions: Jiggin609

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I love hearing this, it's like a broken record. I know it is illegal and unfair to the fish to live permanently in a tank. He was caught out of a 5 acre pond and going to be released in a bigger lake closer to my home. Because I catch these small guys in a lake with tilapia and I relocate a tony of them from there.

Been fishing that pond for 3 years, haven't gotten even a single fish above 2 lbs. they are constantly stunted and have no cover or food in the lake.

It's become my tradition with tanks this size to have a bass in there to study, watch and feed. And cheat on my cycling with a hardy fish and seeded media in the filter.

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Stock in the tank will be clown loaches, discus, Angels, Denison barbs, Cardinal tetras, albino BN pleco' sand ottos depending on algae for the plants

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store