Dr.B Dr.B

Reactions: moe214

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Lol thx tlindsey tlindsey

Gl with him. Keep updating as he grows very curious. Wonder when they will be available here

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
He looks nice, keep us updated, I wasn't aware they were CB ones yet lol

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Very cool fish, but I'm reluctant to believe these are actually bred from dabola parents. They look very similar to CB lapen. Also it seems that if sp. dabola were to be an actual species, it would've been announced way before these babies hit the market. I'm also curious to know what you've payed for these fish? Overall I think what you have is a CB lapen that is mislabeled by a fish store. Very cool fish, but I'm hesitant to believe it's a truely bred from sp. dabola parents, until the sp. is taken away to indicate the establishment of a new species.

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
Very cool fish, but I'm reluctant to believe these are actually bred from dabola parents. They look very similar to CB lapen. Also it seems that if sp. dabola were to be an actual species, it would've been announced way before these babies hit the market. I'm also curious to know what you've payed for these fish? Overall I think what you have is a CB lapen that is mislabeled by a fish store. Very cool fish, but I'm hesitant to believe it's a truely bred from sp. dabola parents, until the sp. is taken away to indicate the establishment of a new species.
I saw many CB lapens but this guys little strange.
First, their color is gray anytime.
Most of CB lapen have brown color
And their fin, heal shape make me know their parents are WC
Most of lapens parents CB lap and endi so their head shape and fin looks different.
Last, there ixport name is "sp.dabola" in that farm, they breed lapen too but they don't use "sp.dabola" to CB lapen

There are four type of sp.dabola around the world, and they are just not a hybrid.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I appreciate what your saying, but until the sp. is removed I can't fully believe that is a true CB sp. dabola. Also I have seen my fair share of CB lapen that are that same shade of gray. Also almost all CB endlis have that gray color when they are young. I do not see these characteristics you describe, that clearly display WC parents, but rather a couple different signs pointing towards CB parents, and specifically a lapradei and endli cross. Also if you don't mind me asking what did each seperate fish cost?

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
I appreciate what your saying, but until the sp. is removed I can't fully believe that is a true CB sp. dabola. Also I have seen my fair share of CB lapen that are that same shade of gray. Also almost all CB endlis have that gray color when they are young. I do not see these characteristics you describe, that clearly display WC parents, but rather a couple different signs pointing towards CB parents, and specifically a lapradei and endli cross. Also if you don't mind me asking what did each seperate fish cost?
I paied 30$(35000₩)etc. Just same with CB congicus

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
For a CB sp. dabola, I would've expected to pay way more. Especially if it's one of the first to be bred, the price would have been way higher.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store