Dirted tank

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Yeah my gf said the same thing. But I've been doing 100% changes at least every other day since I started this thread so.... Whatever lol.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
So my anacharis and hornwort is dying. :-/

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Ok all the hornwort died but the other plants are doing ok.
The water is still turning into tea but not super dark tea. Still changing the water like crazy though.
Anyways... Here's more of the new guys.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Well the Cory cats have made a nice huge mess of things.
Jerks.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Added this guy today. We've had him in a 3 gallon for a few months. Time to upgrade.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Manu8__too

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
thanks. he is actually my girlfriends lol.

also just added all those java ferns today too. all the plants i have in there have been doing well so I'm hoping those java ferns can be brought back to life.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
thanks. he is actually my girlfriends lol.

also just added all those java ferns today too. all the plants i have in there have been doing well so I'm hoping those java ferns can be brought back to life.
Good to hear. Java Ferns are pretty hard to kill, but do take a while to get going. Even in my high tech tank, they are pretty slow growers. However, they're definitely worth the wait.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Finally some progress!! Yesterday I added more sand to the sand and when I work up today I can still see through the water.
The Cory cats dug up so much of the soil and they just kept kicking around everywhere but this extra bag really helped. The water is still brown but it's clear.

I've been so fed up with this tank. It feel good to make some positive progress.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
All the plants are doing really well. I had to cut one of the anacharis in half and another one into thirds.
I lost one of the 4 or 5 Java ferns I moved over but they looked like hell when I put them in anyways.
The water is still brown but that extra layer of sand really helped with the cloudiness.

Now for some pictures.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And I noticed this on a couple of my java ferns. What is this? It looks like a new plant growing off the tip. Roots and all.image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store