divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
A big lampry got that one laker good. Nice fish by the way
Thanks! Yeah, I was really impressed that the second Laker survived at least two Lamprey attacks (or two bites if it was the same Lamprey). There was also a small one on the head of the first big 25 pounder that I was looking forward to removing from the lake, but unfortunately it detached at the last minute. Oh well, at least it's off the laker now and there wasn't any visible wound yet so it couldn't have been on for very long.

Reactions: Frank Castle

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Had another great weekend up on Lake Erie. Today's (Sunday) weather didn't permit any fishing but Saturday started out great in the morning before getting rough in the afternoon. Saturday morning from 6:50-12:30 I went 5 for 6 on Lake Trout with the smallest fish being 28" 14 pounds and the largest fish sitting at 34" 20 pounds. The middle three were 14#, 18#, and 19#. I was pleased to see that only one fish (the last/smallest) had a lamprey wound. Adding up all the weights I actually caught 85 pounds of Trout on Saturday split between 5 fish! Not something you can do with Brookies very often LOL. All fish were released after measurements and photos. The 20 pounder fought like a tank and we had to stop the boat, bring up the other setups, and follow the fish briefly before I could start to get it of for of the bottom and gain any line whatsoever. We caught all of them in 60-70 FOW trolling 3.25-5.25" spoons on downriggers and dipsy divers. Getting some cowbells, dodgers, and spin doctors to try for the first time next weekend alongside spoons so hopefully that brings even more fish to the boat!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Got in to my first Smallmouth bite of the year tonight at the local creek landing two out of two fish hooked (both on big, flashy streamers I tied) plus had a bunch more swipe at the fly and even had the last fish I landed suck the fly out of a 12" Rainbow's mouth before I could hook the rainbow LOL! The second one fought alright but gave up in about 30 seconds, although I did hook him only three feet in front of me. The first one dogged around for a while and was very acrobatic. I'm going to make more of an attempt to fish for Bass this year, primarily Smallmouth but also Largemouth. To me, they don't compare to the brute force of a Laker or the amazing strikes of Wild Brookies, both of which I'll be putting the bulk of my fishing time towards, but, they certainly fight better than Walleye and Perch pound-for-pound and are very fun on light tackle like the 3 weight fly rod I used tonight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone else have catches to report? It seems like there's less and less posts from others since this thread was made, which is odd because, at least in my area, the fishing is great for most species this time of year.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Lost a decent sized carp earlier :( good signs for my pond though there feeding confidently, caught a decent sized bream on my feeder rod on groundbait and corn

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I've only been fishing in a really tough lake recently for a tournament. After that I've been getting hook spits or like last night in the rain left my phone elsewhere as I caught an 8 lb catfish on a zoom magnum worm.

And quite honesty I don't frequent the thread as often with your walls of text and pics divemaster

Reactions: Thekid

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Why not make your own thread or have a blog. The thread will not die without you, it'll just be easier to load.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I've only been fishing in a really tough lake recently for a tournament. After that I've been getting hook spits or like last night in the rain left my phone elsewhere as I caught an 8 lb catfish on a zoom magnum worm.

And quite honesty I don't frequent the thread as often with your walls of text and pics divemaster
that's not necessary . I like his posts, and pix . There's no "walls of text", he's quite literate and uses proper spelling and grammar, so IDK what the issue is. WALLS OF TEXT is a big paragraph that should be split into 163 paragraphs with no periods or punctuation and just keeps going forever and it hurts your damn eyes to read it. I thought the South was known for it's hospitality and people being easy-going???
Why not make your own thread or have a blog. The thread will not die without you, it'll just be easier to load.
This POS laptop of mine is garbage and I have no load at all on this site, regardless how many pix on each page. Might be time for an upgrade, Dude. May want to get used to it guys, cuz when I figure out how to post pix, it's gonna be more than Sean's.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
that's not necessary . I like his posts, and pix . There's no "walls of text", he's quite literate and uses proper spelling and grammar, so IDK what the issue is. WALLS OF TEXT is a big paragraph that should be split into 163 paragraphs with no periods or punctuation and just keeps going forever and it hurts your damn eyes to read it. I thought the South was known for it's hospitality and people being easy-going???
This POS laptop of mine is garbage and I have no load at all on this site, regardless how many pix on each page. Might be time for an upgrade, Dude. May want to get used to it guys, cuz when I figure out how to post pix, it's gonna be more than Sean's.
Thanks man, I know on the other fishing forums I'm on people appreciate my reads too. For those of you who don't want to read it all, just skip it and look at the pics, I'm not pointing a gun at you and ordering you to read all of it. And quite honestly this yearly thread would probably have never been made if I didn't start it since the two previous OPs for it were either gone/offline for a long time or had their own threads.

Frank Castle, PM me if you need help posting pictures, I'd love to see some of those beast Flatheads you fish for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store