Is it legal to use barbed wire on residential property?

Aaroncboo1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2012
Lockport IL
But if you don't do anything and they get hurt on your property they could sue you. We had people try and do that when they were snowmobiling in my corn field one winter and one fell off. Only thing that saved us was the no trespassing signs everywhere. What about the plastic anti roost strips that people use in barns to keep birds from landing. Can't see that being illegal in anyway... You just don't want bird crap on your fence. Anything else is just coincidental. Lol

Reactions: jaws7777

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Black plastic netting fence, is pretty cheap and unclimbable. Just need one wire up high and one on the ground.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
But if you don't do anything and they get hurt on your property they could sue you. We had people try and do that when they were snowmobiling in my corn field one winter and one fell off. Only thing that saved us was the no trespassing signs everywhere. What about the plastic anti roost strips that people use in barns to keep birds from landing. Can't see that being illegal in anyway... You just don't want bird crap on your fence. Anything else is just coincidental. Lol
So,tresspassers can get hurt on property that they had no business being on and then they can turn around and sue the owner....amazing.

Reactions: Frank Castle

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
So,tresspassers can get hurt on property that they had no business being on and then they can turn around and sue the owner....amazing.
you haven't seen those cases??? oh man! you are missing out on how far our country has come! The most infamous one was a burglar who fell through a skylight, sued the homeowner, and won because the light was easily accessible! haha.

there have been multiple instances around my property where snowmobilers sue because they trespass on a field, hit a buried groundhog hole or plow divot and end up ass over teacups on the ground. Homeowners ONLY saving grace is if they had to pass either a perimeter fence or a no trespassing sign.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store