Guys, i need help with deciding on cichlids

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hey guys, I am stocking up my 66 gallon tank (1.2 x 0.45 x 0.45M) soonish and am looking for nice cichlids for the tank.
I have already looked at dempseys, discus and oscars and they just are not nice for me

I really wanted a small group of red head Tapajos but my gravel is a bit big (2-4mm) and most sources say that bigger than 2 is harmful.

So can you guys help me out by suggesting cichlids i can keep in a group (4+) that are fairly straightforward to keep and not tiny.

All help is appreciated ;)
;)

MonsterFishCreeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Md
Honestly if you found a type of cichlid that you want, choosing it based off gravel you already have seems kind of pointless. These are animals you will keep for years so get the ones you want and just get some sand.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

MGfishtanks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys, I am stocking up my 66 gallon tank (1.2 x 0.45 x 0.45M) soonish and am looking for nice cichlids for the tank.
I have already looked at dempseys, discus and oscars and they just are not nice for me

I really wanted a small group of red head Tapajos but my gravel is a bit big (2-4mm) and most sources say that bigger than 2 is harmful.

So can you guys help me out by suggesting cichlids i can keep in a group (4+) that are fairly straightforward to keep and not tiny.

All help is appreciated ;)
;)
i would only look at getting at peacock cichlids because they are the least aggressive. sunshines and OBs are the most common.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store