Advise needed: ATFs shoal or comm

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Talking about taking flight... While I was trying to net out a few of the smaller fish that I traded away, my VATF took flight and jumped literally 10 feet across the room from at least close to 6 or over 6 feet height. I'm 6'2 and I believe it went straight past my head.. I was shocked as I still had an Armatus with his teeth stuck in the net as I grabbing with. Had to snip the net a little and then put the vatf back into the net and throw it back in.. That was a scary experience but I think at this size they are much much more durable than when they are small juvies. I was worried for a moment when I thought the swim bladder might have been damaged. But since then, the vatf is back into optimal health.

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
It made wonder if a human hurled at similar height and distance can survive - LOL!

But these little (or big) buggers are tough.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Coming close to 3 years now. Giving a quick update here (and hopefully more in the future).

The VATFs and FATF didn’t made it past the 2 year mark due to glass crashing and in 2 cases, jumped from the tank.

The GAFT has grown now to about 22 inches plus or minus. It is now housed in a 8 x 4 x4 FGT with a monster hystrix and some cichlids.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
That's a big buttikoferi. Gatf looks good, he's not bothered by the cichlids? Whatever happen with all the wolves?

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Hi Moe...it has been such a long time. The wolves didn’t made it during a power outage last year. I have since converted their tank into plecos comm.

Things are pretty quite these days at the forum and being “old school” , I still think this is the place to search for valuable information.

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store