Bala Shark problem

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
At this age of the original thread he should have made a new one. I got several posters in before I thought to myself, " This poster hasn't been here in awhile". Then I looked at the dates.
I'm not clear on who you are saying should have made a "new one"but like I said in my post the guy already has his own thread.If bumping and posting on old threads is such a bad thing then what's the point in even keeping them around and open?

Reactions: predatorkeeper87

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm not clear on who you are saying should have made a "new one"but like I said in my post the guy already has his own thread.If bumping and posting on old threads is such a bad thing then what's the point in even keeping them around and open?
this. lol skip to the last page if you notice the OP was from 2007.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I was talking to you about how the poster should have made a new thread.

You keep threads open for the OP or someone else to add to the original post. More on this below.
this. lol skip to the last page if you notice the OP was from 2007.
As mentioned, I missed that this was an old thread until I was several posts in. Each case is different but in some cases a person bumps an old thread that is a waste of time. In this case, we can do nothing to help the OP. Even if his fish survived the accident, It's most likely not alive today.

There is a forum so strict that I go to. If you post in the help section, once someone posts a help comment(a real one), the thread gets locked. If another poster adds to it...to comment or ask for the same type of help. They get flagged. They are told to create a new thread for each case.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania

You keep threads open for the OP or someone else to add to the original post. More on this below.
As mentioned, I missed that this was an old thread until I was several posts in. Each case is different but in some cases a person bumps an old thread that is a waste of time. In this case, we can do nothing to help the OP. Even if his fish survived the accident, It's most likely not alive today.

There is a forum so strict that I go to. If you post in the help section, once someone posts a help comment(a real one), the thread gets locked. If another poster adds to it...to comment or ask for the same type of help. They get flagged. They are told to create a new thread for each case.
that just seems ridiculous lol. but hey whatever works.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island

I knew you were talking to me..I was saying I wasnt sure who you were referring to,the op or the guy who bumped the old thread.
I see lots of cases where new members bump old threads if they have a question or comment that they want to add...of course it's silly to direct anything at an op who has not been on the site in a number of years lol,Then others chime in with new thoughts and the next thing you know the discussion is renewed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store