bala shark problem

L33How

Feeder Fish
Apr 28, 2016
So this has just happened to me, i jus walked past my tank and my 1 n only bala shark got spooked and has just absolutely smashed its head on something so hard that it is literally it i think its about to die. Its right eye has poped out and its turnt more and more red over the last few minutes. It was swimming about a bit aimlessly a minute ago and on the odd occasion just started going crazy. Its a shame because we have had him for bloody yearss and he is huge! But, unfortunatley it does look like he is dieing and his road has come to an end.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sad to hear I lost a nice sized bala last month due to it probably getting spooked and performing a death launch out of the tank.I'm not sure about the eye but hopefully your shark can recover and survive.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Bala Sharks are horrible with this.

Back in the 90's my mother came to stay with me. I was at work and she decided to vacuum around my 190. A 10-12 inch Bala shark jumped out(how he made it though the small opening in the back, I don't know.). He was dead when I got home.

Another time was I had 50 gallons out of a 75(WC). I went outside to dump the water. When a got back my Bala Shark jumped out.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Bala Sharks are horrible with this.

Back in the 90's my mother came to stay with me. I was at work and she decided to vacuum around my 190. A 10-12 inch Bala shark jumped out(how he made it though the small opening in the back, I don't know.). He was dead when I got home.

Another time was I had 50 gallons out of a 75(WC). I went outside to dump the water. When a got back my Bala Shark jumped out.
Man do they jump! I have cichlids who do this as juveniles get very scared at the slightest vibration even opening and closing the stand doors

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store