Treating a baby Fahaka with Prazipro

cjam93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
Hey guys so I received my Fahaka today! I have Prazipro coming in the mail tomorrow. My fahaka is 1.5in, so very small. He is in a 75g for the time being by himself. I was told to first treat his water with Prazipro and then after a week or so start treating his food with it as well. I have two quick questions.

1. Should I do a half dose or full dose into the water?

2. When I treat the food, which I am assuming will be bloodworms, do I just put a few drops of prazipro into the water that I thaw the bloodworms out in or what is the best way for me to treat his food with it?

thanks so much! Sorry I am blowing the forum up with topics lately I just want to make sure I do everything right for him! thanks so much!

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
Yes, follow the dosing schedule on the bottle. Just wait 2-3 weeks for your puffer to settle in before you start the treatment.

As for treating his food, I would personally wait a month or 2 when hes able to eat small pieces of shrimp, something that will soak up the prazi well. I dont think itll be effective using bloodworms.

cjam93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
Yes, follow the dosing schedule on the bottle. Just wait 2-3 weeks for your puffer to settle in before you start the treatment.

As for treating his food, I would personally wait a month or 2 when hes able to eat small pieces of shrimp, something that will soak up the prazi well. I dont think itll be effective using bloodworms.
Ok sounds good thanks! So just to be totally sure, when you say yes I assume it is to half dose correct?

Thanks I hadnt thought about the shrimp for soaking it up, I am sure thatll work far better. I will do it that way. So If I treat the water, then later do a water change, then in a few weeks treat his food, does that not give him a chance to expell the internal parasites into the tank and again causing his water to possibly be unhealthy? Or should I treat his water again once I start feeding him treated food?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store