Piece of crap Jebao wave maker

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Bought a wave maker of theirs and 6 months later it's dead. I guess that's what you get when you go cheap.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Its just like every product made, there will always be some bad units. My wp 40's I bought when they came out are still going strong as well as my wp60. My Samsung 4k TV went out after 8 months I guess that makes all Samsung TVs junk.... :p just email amazon as stated above and they will get it replaced.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Reached out to the seller on amazon and they want me to ship it back to them for repair. Trying to see fix it myself and will take it from there.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I've got a few Jebao powerheads and pumps and have nothing negative to say about them. Don't let a single bad experience dissuade you from using them.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
The seller has asked me to diagnose on my own and if I cannot fix, to send it back and they will fix it. I have to pay for shipping though.

I have extremely hard water, so decided to clean it in a vinegar solution as there was a ton of grime. It started working but stopped overnight again. Will give it another shot and then look into the cost to send it back.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
The seller has asked me to diagnose on my own and if I cannot fix, to send it back and they will fix it. I have to pay for shipping though.

I have extremely hard water, so decided to clean it in a vinegar solution as there was a ton of grime. It started working but stopped overnight again. Will give it another shot and then look into the cost to send it back.
It seems like it maybe due to buildup and not the actual product going bad. You said it yourself it started working. If anything gets clogged in there its not the product its just how things go in this hobby. What I do with pumps that get clogged I just open everything up and make sure everything is free from debris and propeller is working. Inside the cover you can put some sponge in there so bigger particles won't actually break or stop the circulation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store