Oscar or Fancy Goldfish?

Yogosans14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2015
I am wanting to start a new 75 gallon tank, I love fancy goldfish but already have a 40 gallon tank with 3 of them. Should I try and Oscar,I love big fish that are interactive and have "personality" I just am not interested in fish that run away every time I come towards the tank.

Which do you think I should do??

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
75g limited, Oscar be great and what you are looking for, but it would be just the oscar. I keep a lutino in a 95g and he fills the tank just fine, very interactive, they are the water dogs of fish, just do not get more fish when he small thinking he needs friends and he is small, O scars grow fast and do not need friends to be happy, healthy fish.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Are you okay with just 1 fish in a tank? If not then I would choose the fancy goldfish. Colorful and peaceful.

Vicegrip

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2016
Oscar. Why get more of the same? An Oscar is not just a fish in a way. We have a "Never name a fish" rule in our house but my oscar is not the oscar he is "Darwin".

Yes when young they will pout now and then when you change something or the like but that is part of the charm. People come to my house and enjoy the 2 display tanks but are entertained by Darwin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store