Getting My Fishroom put together

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have stopped by and said hi. Sad to say but life working at Intel has really slowed me setting up my fish room, but I have been making a lot of progress and wanted to show off some.

(Hopefully some folks remember me ;-)

Anyways I ended up buying a house in Oregon right when I got here, but before I put up tanks I made the call to redo the basement with the sole intent of keeping the house healthy while fishkeeping... (Note this entire thread is a multi-year escapade...)

Before:

During:

Then it took me a while to get custom stand's/tanks made.
After (verifying stands fit...)

Some of the tanks:

Putting 1 rack together. (Got this one going last year.)

Now I am working on the second rack of 720 gallons:

Filtration is a bit crazy, but I have it all setup so I can do water changes with a twist of a valve. Soon it will also have a water drip system. (All tanks are setup so that if they get too much water it auto drains with no concern of water getting all over the place + fishroom is setup to be able to hold 240 gallons of water in the epoxy sealed floor, I have curved walls with epoxy going up ~4 inches ;-)

All plumbing to the tanks are good. Just working on filtration side:

Note this filtration room is behind the fish room. It works really well to keep the fish room quite, but I will still be putting sound damping boxes around the pumps once I get all 4 going.

Hopefully in a week or 2 I will get to move in the middle racks. Those are "smaller" tanks, going to keep them separate/use bubble based filtration. All intended for breading.

And a quick crud camera phone shot of some of the fish in the 240... Eventually I will need to split them out. (Lets see how many pike folks here know them, saw them and just had to grab them...)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Always good to see people showing restraint and having priorities. Looks like your patients has paid off well because that room and set up looks so professional. Awesome!

Reactions: Frank Castle

Lawlboom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Virginia Beach
Very cool,

The reflection of the towel in the tank really took me off guard. DOES HE KEEP SOME SORT OF DEMON? closer inspection revealed towel

Reactions: Stedz2121

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nicely done room. Like the zebrinas.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

The reflection of the towel in the tank really took me off guard. DOES HE KEEP SOME SORT OF DEMON? closer inspection revealed towel
Haha, yeah towels and fishrooms for me are a must. I don't think there is ever a week when I don't manage to make some mess. Though once I finish my auto water changing systems it will be a lot tougher. -course at the rate I am going that entire system wont be done for another year.

Reactions: Lawlboom

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
wild, great job!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store