250 Gallon Ideas

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Hello everyone!
I have been lurking on here for a while waiting for my chance to finally get myself a big tank for some monster fish! I managed to find a nice 250 that I am going to picking up in a couple of days with a beautiful wood stand and canopy for $200 since the silicone had a slight leak recently and the guy doesn't want to fix it. I will be repairing it and then the fun begins.

I would like to try and do everything DIY if I am able to, filtration, drip water changes with an overflow to get rid of excess water. I have been reading up on here of others projects and systems but if you all have any specific ones to look at let me know please!

Finally a couple questions about stocking. I am not really sure what I would like to stock this bad boy with but I know for sure I would like some larger fish. A couple of fish I like are Arowanas, pbass, Florida gar, oscars, birchirs (starting to grow on me), rays (not really sure if tank is big enough and do not want to cram them). If you guys could help me come up with some sort of stocking out of some of those that would be really helpful plus if you have any ideas of your own.

Thanks!

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Are the jardini to aggressive? I keep hearing they are but others say they are not to bad. I love the peacock bass for sure. Any success on keeping them with florida gar or are they too spastic for them
I have seen rays with gars, jardini is aggressive but I have seen some of my friends keep em with no problem

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Odor, birchir, synodontis, butti and massive group of red jewels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store