Mini monsters

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
I'm looking just to learn about and research some mini monster fish for my girlfriends tank could you guys just give me a list of fish that can live in a 100 gallon or smaller aquarium it doesn't matter weather or not they can go together just give me a list anything you can think of and that works with me I'll do some research from there!! Just nothing that needs an aquarium more then 100 gallons. Sorry the end all thread just didn't cut it for me

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Leopard ctenopoma, some upper jaw bichirs, brown ghost knife (not black), red wolf fish, red tail black shark, african butterfly fish, certain spiny eels..sorry not many specifics, and I think some of these are on your other thread but wanted to try to help anyway.

*Edit* Didn't realize til after that you were referring to the stickied thread, imagine anything I said is in there. Hope you can find something that interests you and your gf :)

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Leopard ctenopoma, some upper jaw bichirs, brown ghost knife (not black), red wolf fish, red tail black shark, african butterfly fish, certain spiny eels..sorry not many specifics, and I think some of these are on your other thread but wanted to try to help anyway.

*Edit* Didn't realize til after that you were referring to the stickied thread, imagine anything I said is in there. Hope you can find something that interests you and your gf :)
Thanks and yeah some are I just was asking because when those other fish grow out it would be nice to have some to stay behind in this or her tank

mun1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Singapore
For 100g tank, i'd go for a mid-sized plecos (L47, L200, L34 etc) tank with a single african brown knife or maybe some freshwater barracudas. I got my sister into fishkeeping with plecos. Local fish-shop owner told me that the pleco craze brought him a lot more women enthusiasts.

Reactions: weston

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
For 100g tank, i'd go for a mid-sized plecos (L47, L200, L34 etc) tank with a single african brown knife or maybe some freshwater barracudas. I got my sister into fishkeeping with plecos. Local fish-shop owner told me that the pleco craze brought him a lot more women enthusiasts.
Wow really that surprises me plecos have never really been a fish I thought of as pretty or could see women being supper into keeping but I guess their are some smaller ones that look pretty cool. And yeah I got a clown knife now that's healed up and is doing great but she isn't a fan of him so I doubt she'd want a African brown knife. Idk I'll show her them all though thanks

mun1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Singapore
Wow really that surprises me plecos have never really been a fish I thought of as pretty or could see women being supper into keeping but I guess their are some smaller ones that look pretty cool. And yeah I got a clown knife now that's healed up and is doing great but she isn't a fan of him so I doubt she'd want a African brown knife. Idk I'll show her them all though thanks
Maybe its because they come in a huge variety of colours and shapes? Well....basically the same reasons I love plecos too! Well good luck with it and share with us what you guys end up keeping! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store