Rainbow trout tank

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
quick update on the trout they have almost doubled in size and I lost one to the tank boss but other then that the tank is doing well and the tank boss is close to 3 inches

Ed123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2016
Trabuco canyon
dang ive been wanting to put trout in our pond (too cold for tilapia and im not in a koi mood), idk if they would do well though since the canyon by us (5 min) is colder (spring fed), its worth a try I guess

Brian Rodgers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2016
Northern New Mexico
Nice for certain. I am uncertain where you are located, but I bought 50 - 3 inch Brook trout from a hatchery in Colorado for $40. Normally they are $1 a piece, but they were nice and threw in ten more for the 3 hour trip home to northern New Mexico. http://www.riverbendtrout.com/ 45 made it in an aerated 5 gallon bucket. Next time I'll bring an oxygen bottle. The fingerlings struggled as we went over nine thousand foot mountains.

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
ya im a minnesotan so we don't have mountains but thats good to know for the future thank you

Brian Rodgers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2016
Northern New Mexico
the trout are dong very well. They range from 1.2 to 2.2 pounds yes a kilo worth of fish in one package. Amazing how fast they grow. Some are 18 inches 45.72 centimeters! They are so much fun to watch. We've built into the masonry pond a Plexiglas panel so we can see them from the side. It is pretty cool. Thanks for asking.

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
thats awesome to hear your trout are doing well Brian. I lost a few of mine but the ones i have left are just about 5 inches and in my koi pond. I have about 5 or 6 left but they are eating well and every now and then I give them some small minnows to chase around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store