I present to you...Lithodoras dorsalis!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hey, KRich, do you regret getting rid of the uraniscopis? Mine has started coming out in the day now. It's pushing a ft long now. He's almost as active as my granulosis.
I don't really,my biggest uri was a little over a foot when I got rid of it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
How big is he?
It's about twelve inches.I put a tape measure on it but it would not keep still for a photo.
Krich what is the difference between Megalodorus, and Lithadoras ?
They are very similar,maybe head shape and definitely the markings as far as I can tell so far..The litho has a row of individual bony plates down the side of it's body where the mega has more abstract looking patterning to it's body plates.
Check out this shot I found from one of Jeff Rapps old stock lists.
dorsalis.uranoscopus.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: moe214 and tlindsey

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice find krich are they as slow growing as irwini ? I love them there one of my favourite cats but they grow painfully slowly lol

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's about twelve inches.I put a tape measure on it but it would not keep still for a photo.
They are very similar,maybe head shape and definitely the markings as far as I can tell so far..The litho has a row of individual bony plates down the side of it's body where the mega has more abstract looking patterning to it's body plates.
Check out this shot I found from one of Jeff Rapps old stock lists.
View attachment 1181115

Thanks K krichardson for the clear explanation of the difference.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice find krich are they as slow growing as irwini ? I love them there one of my favourite cats but they grow painfully slowly lol
Thanks, the growth rate remains to be seen as I have only had this guy for a month or so.I say as long as you get any of these species at not too small of a size you can pretty much forget about them since most of them are nocturnal and focus on your more active fish.....before you know it your cat will be a footer.
Thanks K krichardson for the clear explanation of the difference.
No problemo.Here is another shot of mine.
20160504_101047.jpg trying to burrow behind a tree stump.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
After seeing a photo of one in book years ago I have finally gotten my hands on one.They look very similar to the Megalodoras urinoscopus..I've had it for about a month now and it has taken to laying up against the heater in a dim corner of the tank.It has actually burned itself so now was a good opportunity to move some things around and take some photos.
View attachment 1180992 the burn mark is visible in this shot.
View attachment 1180993 profile close up.
View attachment 1180994 ...and back in the tank.
Wicked :) but how ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store