Do I have an Aimara?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
This is based on what I've seen online from other vendors. So I hope it's close to being accurate.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This is based on what I've seen online from other vendors. So I hope it's close to being accurate.
You are close,judging by what I have seen recently.I am wondering how much the op paid for his?

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Probably bought it as a different species? LOL!

Great deal I would say. :)

perun28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
Canada
yep it was described as a malabaricus but I had one in the past and I knew it is something diferent , first I thought lacredae but those eyes were too big, all in all it was worth buying :)

Reactions: moe214

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
How is he competing with the PBs for food?

If feeding live, it will have a difficult time unless the PBs are fed to the brim first. :)

perun28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
Canada
So far I only feed him frozen smelt and he likes them. The fish that I have with him are central amercian and african cichlid. They are also predatory but more ambush instead of open water like pbs are. However in the past I had some occelaris with malabaricus and i have to admit pbass are faster than wolfs but still my mala wasn't hungry ;) I was wondering if aimara grows faster tham malabaricus or similiar?An today I'll buy some feeders and check out how he hunts comparing to cichlids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store