RD with: Syno OR Pleco

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
"2nd thought, Plecos don't even eat algae anyway. grab half a dozen Chinese Algae-eaters and half a dozen raphaels and you'll be good, just get good robust healthy ones.....forget the pleco and save yourself 50% more work"

Or just but a sponge to clean the algae and let your Amph keep his tank to himself. If he tried to kill them before why would you think that would change.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
"2nd thought, Plecos don't even eat algae anyway. grab half a dozen Chinese Algae-eaters and half a dozen raphaels and you'll be good, just get good robust healthy ones.....forget the pleco and save yourself 50% more work"

Or just but a sponge to clean the algae and let your Amph keep his tank to himself. If he tried to kill them before why would you think that would change.
that's a good one too lol My suggestion was to dilute his aggression....he's thinking ONE, when you really need several when it comes to big nastys........otherwise they just focus all their attention on one until it's dead

Sponge would put up a good fight though ;)

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota

Hostile lol :)

I doubt it would change in all honesty. But it might, plus i would like something to eat the food from the bottom, which a pleco does. It also eats algae (some do at least) so thats a plus.

There is a quote button you know

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Picked up a red-tail shark. Dont really have high hopes but i got an adult for 3 bucks so i couldnt say no. Its has places the RD cant reach so at night i hope it will come out and eat what the RD misses

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Picked up a red-tail shark. Dont really have high hopes but i got an adult for 3 bucks so i couldnt say no. Its has places the RD cant reach so at night i hope it will come out and eat what the RD misses
they're very seldom bothered by other fish, idk why,,,,might be ok

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
So you bought a fish to add to your RD tank that you "dont really have high hopes" on it surviving, aren't you the poster child for a responsible fish keeper.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
So you bought a fish to add to your RD tank that you "dont really have high hopes" on it surviving, aren't you the poster child for a responsible fish keeper.
No im not... Never claim to be either.

If youre going to be all pissy over nothing... Well im not forcing you to be here.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Knowing this fish can be nasty and is in a relatively small tank,to add more fish is a little cruel and irresponsible in my opinion.
Sure we all make mistakes but it is commendable to learn from them.
If you want scavengers mts snails do a good job and won't get harassed to death.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store