1100G ~ Finally!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Picture less update: after a big feeding, the Niger cats knocked 2 of the 3 big pieces of driftwood over, displaced the River rocks, and knocked an airline tubing off a diffuser. Looks like I'm going to be taking a swim with the fishes this weekend! Stay tuned...

Reactions: Greenspot

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Swimming with the fishes. This is the first time I've been in this tank with them. Everyone was pretty curious And docile,except for the RTGG, who hid in the corner the whole time. The turtle was crawling on me constantly as I reworked the airline tubes and remounted the circulation pump

image.jpg

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Finished product. The scape is smaller than before. I removed 4 big driftwood pieces and replaced them with 1. Also, I took out the "smaller" river rocks that were being tossed around by the Niger cats. And I learned my lesson that the plants need to be drilled and secured directly in the driftwood otherwise they get tossed around as well. Finally, to keep the big cats from moving the dw, I wedged some foam at the tops of each piece and the bottom of the tank frame; time will tell if it holds up.
O yeah, I placed the circulation pump at the rear of the tank, facing downward. This blows all the food and debris that normally would get trapped in the rocks. When the crevasses are clean, the Niger cats don't go looking for food.
My one disappointment is that I didn't conceal the airline tubing correctly so it is showing. I hate seeing cords or tubing in my tanks. Hopefully, it doesn't require another dive but I'm pretty sure it will.

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store