Hognose...

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
First ones purple line conda het albino.
2-3 is just a big female albino with some partial tiger stripes.
Last one jaguar het albino.

Just got into hogs a few years ago, small and easy to care for.
Photo
Het albino, jag het albino, het lavender

image.jpeg

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
First ones purple line conda het albino.
2-3 is just a big female albino with some partial tiger stripes.
Last one jaguar het albino.

Just got into hogs a few years ago, small and easy to care for.
Photo
Het albino, jag het albino, het lavender

View attachment 1183869
great looking snakes u have there, but take it from someone w/ personal experience, you don't want to feed them on substrate. Even the tiniest pieces are undigestable and can cause gastrointestinal impaction and is generally fatal w/out surgery which is also in terms high-risk for such a small animal to be anesthetized......as well was extremely expensive. The only thing safe for reptiles to eat mostly digestible as far as substrate goes are Rabbit/Guinea pig pellets (food), which are the best of a bad situation because if they get wet they need to be removed immediately before mold sets in, however as burrowers, it has it's advantages for Hognoses, being cheap is complimentary.

Try feeding the in separate empty RUBs to guarantee they are only eating what is intended. I know there are people who will argue this, and say that there isn't a good chance for impaction, but it was never a chance I was willing to take, therefore in 30 years of Herpetoculture, I have never had an animal w/ impaction, however I have seen many from people who don't follow the same practice as I.

just some food for thought.

In pic #3, post #1 is she gravid and you are waiting for her to lay?

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Hey frank,
Thanks for the advise. My snakes are fed in a separate rub, but once in a while I get busy with fatherhood/self employement, and they get their thawed in the rub. I've had to cut down my collection to just one small snake rack, and 3 fish tanks(all set up automatically). My other snakes will take mice off tongs after I pull them out of the rub. But these 3 get all pissy, and pretty much hit or miss on eating unless I feed them in enclosure. The brown bag over night doesn't work with them either. So if I'm taking a business trip, I just want all to eat vs having a rotten mess when I get back(2-3weeks)and they receive dinner in bed. So I compromise, and roll the dice.

In pic 3 she's just sitting in her shed box after a shed and the camera is making her look bigger than she is. She's still very hissy and inflates every time I open the rub.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hey frank,
Thanks for the advise. My snakes are fed in a separate rub, but once in a while I get busy with fatherhood/self employement, and they get their thawed in the rub. I've had to cut down my collection to just one small snake rack, and 3 fish tanks(all set up automatically). My other snakes will take mice off tongs after I pull them out of the rub. But these 3 get all pissy, and pretty much hit or miss on eating unless I feed them in enclosure. The brown bag over night doesn't work with them either. So if I'm taking a business trip, I just want all to eat vs having a rotten mess when I get back(2-3weeks)and they receive dinner in bed. So I compromise, and roll the dice.

In pic 3 she's just sitting in her shed box after a shed and the camera is making her look bigger than she is. She's still very hissy and inflates every time I open the rub.
try keeping them on Rabbit/guinea pig pellets instead of sawdust then.....that would be ideal for your lifestyle to a "T"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store