400 gallon Glass Build

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Sorry of I missed this but how long did it take you to do this, from starting assembly to fill-up? That is to ask, how many "man hours" are needed to create something like this (if one had the knowledge and skill, obviously) :)

Forgot to add, great job and beautiful tank, you should be very proud of what you've accomplished. :)

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Sorry of I missed this but how long did it take you to do this, from starting assembly to fill-up? That is to ask, how many "man hours" are needed to create something like this (if one had the knowledge and skill, obviously) :)

Forgot to add, great job and beautiful tank, you should be very proud of what you've accomplished. :)
Thank you, I really spread things out with building it but if I had to tally everything up I would say roughly 7 weekends or so. What I hate the most is getting the old glass all clean and free of silicone which was probably like 50 percent of the time used. The biggest challenge was getting the stand 100 percent flat for the tank to sit on. I have a two piece glass bottom so I felt this was crucial so that there was no uneven pressure on that bottom glass. It's not so bad when a stand is 4 feet wide but over 4 feet when you have to use two sheets of plywood is a bit more of a challenge

Reactions: SHARK13
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store