Transport

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
I'm giving away my 8ft long tank and my uncle live almost 4 hours freeway away from my house. But my pick-up truck bed is only 5ft long. That means 3ft is over the pick-up. Does anyone know about the law for oversized? I don't want to be pull over.
Thank you.
JohnTr.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Every state law is different. My areas anything over 2feets out, you need red/orange flag or some type of rag to put on the end of the tank so other driver be hide you know and be aware off.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Chance um. Tie or tape a red flag to it and make sure it is secure. I'd bet you will be alright. I don't think a police officer will mess with you. It isn't outrageous or anything bad.

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Make sure you tape somethign orrange (Or yellow/red if not), to the back of it, I know over here you have to do that to anythign hanging out of the back of your vehicle.

the Saftey reflector vest things that constrution workers use do a very good job for this.

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I also live in MI. You will be fine just make sure it's clearly marked with red flags. Drive very carefully 3ft overhang is alot to be unsupported. If I were you I would place wood beams the length of the tank under the tank during transport for extra stability. Easy on the bumps, and stay in the right lane.

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
Even if it is legal, i would not take the risk. Like SHARK13 SHARK13 said, 3ft is a lot unsupported and if I were you I would not take the risk. You should rent a uhaul trailer. It will be a lot lower risk of anything happening and it will be a LOT safer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store