Metal Shelving from Lowes

butchie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 3, 2009
orlando
I think home depot will give you a truck to get stuff home if you buy big stuff? Idk it's been awhile but I know I used one once.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Home Depot should be able to make simple cuts for you for free. Only thing is you gotta wait. Home Depot in my area is always stupid busy...

My Home Depot only made rough cuts, so I invested in a small mitre saw best tool to have for accurate cuts.:)

Reactions: ECW

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I got you. I work as a carpenter on the side. Frame to finish. ;)

I actually was sceptical about building my own stand, but was proud of myself after the build. Thinking about using mitre saw to put up some crown molding in a couple of rooms . Surprise for my wife.:)

Reactions: ECW

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I actually was sceptical about building my own stand, but was proud of myself after the build. Thinking about using mitre saw to put up some crown molding in a couple of rooms . Surprise for my wife.:)
Very satisfying work. Money ain't bad too! ;)

Reactions: tlindsey

Lawlboom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Virginia Beach
Thanks for the support everyone. Here's what I saw when I don't have the time. I work nights (9pm-9am) So I sleep from 10am-6pm usually. Every day my apartment complex quiet hours are 8pm-8am. This leaves me very little time to do cuts and operate power tools. I keep my same sleep schedule on the weekends usually because for my safety and the safety of others on the road I need to be well rest before driving a commercial vehicle. I built a stand for my Fiance's bearded dragon to test it out. I used a hand saw................... never again.
I would love a mitre saw but I have no where to put it. I'm going to ask my apartment maintenance crew if they have a saw and location I can use. Actually downsizing my aquarium hobby has come up and I sold my 180g because I just don't have the space for it. Actually that's the whole reason why I'm looking at shelving and double stacking tanks. I want to keep my Dovii even though the smart thing would just be to rehome them. I should be able to keep them in a 125g for what I'm predicting is another two years. I also have been tirelessly working on a SA 'peaceful' cichlid tank who are all coming up on the time to be upgraded to a 125g. No where else will fit a 6 foot tank, I just see all that space under my Dovii as wasted space. Rest assured, I will not keep a fish in a tank that's too small.

I'll be started a DIY plan for the stand in the DIY section soon and I'll go into more detail on what I'm working with. In my old apartment we didn't have a dining room table so the dining room was the fish room. No longer an option haha. Also no tanks in the bedroom, and nothing bigger than my 75 in the living room. Small apartments suck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store