Looking to find some bichir to add to my bichir tank

Bichir Love

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2016
Bridgenorth Ontario
and hey nothing wrong with learning new things daily right lol and I wont mind being told the same things over n over by different members makes it stick in ur head when ur told things a million times over so then I cant forget all the good stuff or the bad stuff either lol

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Bichir Love Bichir Love , Welcome to the Forum.

There are quite a few good US vendors for getting polys but Im not sure what issues or cost you would face trying to bring them into Canada. I would contact a company like Wet Spot that has quite a few different bichirs available online and just ask what shipping to you would entail.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hey nicole welcome to the site. What size tank are you planning on keeping them in ?

Lots of cool polys to pick from. Allot of good info in the stickies in this section

Reactions: Bichir Love

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Im sure im missing a few but there are upper jaws that stay on the smaller side except for ornates, weeksii, and teugs and lower jaws that grow larger.

Google some of these and see what you like and what would be available to you. I read some where that spencer jack (in canada) had polypterus in the past maybe try there and like dmd suggested wetspottropicals.

Upper jaws
Delhezi
Ornates (get big)
Weeksii (get big)
Teugs (get big)
Palmas polli
Palmas palmas
Senagal
Retropinnis
Mokelembembe
Gold dust

Lower jaws
Congicus
Endlicheri
Lapradei
Pbb (polypterus bichir bichir)
Ansorgii
And enough variants/catch locations that will make your head spin lol

Im sure missed some the other mre experienced members will chime in. I learn something new about these fish every time i log in to the forum

Bichir Love

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2016
Bridgenorth Ontario
hey guys haven't been on in a while had few things going on. I actually have 2 albino senegals now a male and a female :) sooo happy with them, and they get along with all my other fish and each other they all have their own spots in the tank pretty much sometimes I even catch them sharing spots and swimming together lol appreciate all the help and info for sure this forum is great :) they will be in a 90 gallon as soon as we finish renovations this summer now they r in a 50 gallon with plenty of hides I think I will keep it with just the 2 albino senegals in the 90 for bichirs and might get a 125-150 gallon later on and either get teugelsi or the gold dust or 1 of each and maybe a ropefish to go in with them for the next bichir tank lol

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store