Pond Raised Dovii

Lawlboom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Virginia Beach
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a filter debate. I've just had horrible luck with the Fx6. Had Eheim been available I probably would have bought it. I saw the last Fx6 they had on sale at petsmart for 200$ so I bought it during black friday. I can saw though, I was using two Emperor 400s and a Penguin 350b. Ever since I hooked up my Fx6 to my Dovii, they swim more and eat more.

So far in two weeks it has only stopped once.

PaleAle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a filter debate. I've just had horrible luck with the Fx6. Had Eheim been available I probably would have bought it. I saw the last Fx6 they had on sale at petsmart for 200$ so I bought it during black friday. I can saw though, I was using two Emperor 400s and a Penguin 350b. Ever since I hooked up my Fx6 to my Dovii, they swim more and eat more.

That's ok, I pretty much heard all I need to hear :) & I think where all on the same page when it comes to Eheim & Fluval anyway so can't see it turning into a debate. Personally I think the only thing we should be debating is the price of these things, it's a bucket with a pump on it & they add a new snap lock doodad to it, call it new technology & charge a fortune for them. It's BS.

PaleAle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Ever since I hooked up my Fx6 to my Dovii, they swim more and eat more.

Don't mean too double post here but my other half was nagging me & I wanted to make a couple of points here too. The fact your Dovii are swimming & eating more is probably testament too the water movement the FX provides, they are obviously happier. One thing I think is a bogus gimmick with the FX is the stop start, no other canister needs this feature & it just leads to problems like your experiencing. Just my opinion.

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Eheim deliberately have a slower water turn over rate to give the water more contact time with the media, a few magazines have done comparison tests where the Eheim filters have come out on top as biological filters, but yea not great as mechanical filters
I actually didn't know that eheim do that deliberately, but now you've explained it, it makes sense, really good filters whatever way you look at it, just very pricey, and like I said IMO fx6 are better for big messy fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store