Cloudy eye on bichir

Nicky.376

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
Has anybody encounter fin rot n cloudy eye on bichir? My barred bichir seems pretty sick wif themimage.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Usually due to poor water quality. Make sure ur water pramrters are checked and normal.

Should clear up in a few days without meds. The clean pristine water is usually enough of a treatment.

What's ur water change schedule? Your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

Nicky.376

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
the water parameters
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 1
Nitrate 0

It seems strange my nitrite dun drop.. Its a new tank.. It was cycled properly before i add the fishes. Her tank mate r 2 oscar n they r fine. Active n healthy.. They were added into the new tank about 2weeks ago. No over feeding infact due to busy schedule i only feed them once a day a little..

Nicky.376

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
I put her into a nursing tank n gave her some salt, fin rot medicine n general aid medicine..

Usually due to poor water quality. Make sure ur water pramrters are checked and normal.

Should clear up in a few days without meds. The clean pristine water is usually enough of a treatment.

What's ur water change schedule? Your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
the water parameters
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 1
Nitrate 0

It seems strange my nitrite dun drop.. Its a new tank.. It was cycled properly before i add the fishes. Her tank mate r 2 oscar n they r fine. Active n healthy.. They were added into the new tank about 2weeks ago. No over feeding infact due to busy schedule i only feed them once a day a little..

you sir need to go out, buy seachem prime, and a bottle of seachem stability ASAP as well as water changes every day, roughly 25% or so until the tank catches up.

you added fish and overloaded your bio filter hardcore.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

Nicky.376

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
I have them n i have been using it in the initial part of setting up the tank. Tks for the suggestion.. Will try it

you sir need to go out, buy seachem prime, and a bottle of seachem stability ASAP as well as water changes every day, roughly 25% or so until the tank catches up.

you added fish and overloaded your bio filter hardcore.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have them n i have been using it in the initial part of setting up the tank. Tks for the suggestion.. Will try it
ya don't take my comment as being harsh haha sorry I re-read it and I probably came off as an a-hole. you are relatively new to the game of fish keeping yes? just get the tank params under control and the poly should be fine. that's a good looking delhezi all things considered

Reactions: kno4te

Nicky.376

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
No worries .. Would love to have any useful suggestion n tips to save my fish.. Tks a million

ya don't take my comment as being harsh haha sorry I re-read it and I probably came off as an a-hole. you are relatively new to the game of fish keeping yes? just get the tank params under control and the poly should be fine. that's a good looking delhezi all things considered

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Do as predkeep has mentioned and check ur water parameters.

Cut the feedings to every other day.

Should be back to normal soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store