getting that betta itch...

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Divider till she looks gravid, then remove it, once the eggs are in the bubble nest I'm not sure as mine never hatched?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Divider till she looks gravid, then remove it, once the eggs are in the bubble nest I'm not sure as mine never hatched?
Once eggs are in bubble nest, female is removed; then the dad once the fry become more visible, at least this is what I gather.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
What I do when I used to breed them was put a male in a 5g and put the female in a jar inside the 5g for a week. Then I wait for the male to build a huge bubble nest. Add lots of plants for female to hide. When the female shows interest in breeding and is very round I release her with the male. Usually they'll breed either late in the evening it early morning. Once I see that the nest is full of eggs and the male is chasing and nipping the female, then I remove her. Male will do all the fry rearing. Feed sparingly as not to foul the water. Once fry hatch, feed newly hatched baby brine shrimp. At this time I remove the dad and start doing small water changes making sure temp is the same. Once fry grows I increase the air in the sponge filter.

Reactions: convict360

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
im rly gettin the itch to get a betta as well. someone talk me out of it. i need filters n heaters right?

Reactions: McPhish

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
im rly gettin the itch to get a betta as well. someone talk me out of it. i need filters n heaters right?
I dont think anyone here would help talk you out of it lol. Yes you'll want those and at least a 2.5g tank. Bigger would be better though, I keep mine in 10g tanks :) Should keep the temp around 80-82F.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
I dont think anyone here would help talk you out of it lol. Yes you'll want those and at least a 2.5g tank. Bigger would be better though, I keep mine in 10g tanks :) Should keep the temp around 80-82F.
I saw some platinum moon bettas, wow. I thought bout just grabing a 0.5-1 gallon bowl n some pothos n call it a day.

Reactions: McPhish and ATF
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store