What got you into polys

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
My uncle got me into polys, he had it on his old tank i it was my favorite but he said he didnt knoe what kind of fish, it was label as dragon eel when his friend gave it to him, so i never really end up buying one because i didnt knoe what it was till i got one this year, then i search online and found this forum and read more about them, till i noticed that i been buying more polys, my first one was the senegal then i bought an ornate.

Ajxackt

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2015
I was looking for more elongated loaches, like Kuhlis and Squirrels, when I stumbled along this dinosaur eel looking thing. The little thing was adorable, lots of fins, light color with many stripes and spots. I jotted down the scientific name and it all went down from there.
Now, I only have one right now, but I just got my 75 settled. More are to come.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I was looking for more elongated loaches, like Kuhlis and Squirrels, when I stumbled along this dinosaur eel looking thing. The little thing was adorable, lots of fins, light color with many stripes and spots. I jotted down the scientific name and it all went down from there.
The addiction will start, one will not be enough, lolz

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Perfect for a few upper jaws. Read the stickies lots of great info

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Lizardslap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Central Florida
the first poly I got was a couple years ago just after I set up and got my 75g cycled I was visiting a buddy and they had a sad looking sen in a 10gallon who was very un cared for
I took him home and he was very quick to enjoy the new space and that was very quick to grow and eat all my smaller less attractive fish loved them ever since

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
When I bought my home we got that shiny $8000 tax credit and my wife new I wanted a fish tank so she pushed me to get one. I walked into a jacks aquarium bought a 29g and saw two electric blue crayfish (procambrius alleni) I guessed male and female by the claw shape (grew up in Maine ate a lot of lobster) and was right they bred like crazy and their babys payed for me to upgrade all my equipment in store credit with a LFS. to two 55g tanks and a friend gave me an abused 75g for free.

Needless to say when you are first setting up a bunch of tanks you wander around every fish store you can find. The petsmart near me had 2 "dinosaur bicher" on sale for $1.50 and they were adorable. 1 grew sow and did not make it cus he got eaten and a bought an albino sen so I would still have two. The other was 13-14 inches 6 years later when he pulled a hudini on me and went out the back of my tank. I found him to late.

The one that jumped tank is what got me hooked that fish had more personality than most dogs. Both he and the dempsey he shared his tank with would follow when ever I walked by. If I sat to watch the tank they would give me a show.

I still have the albino sen It is little and fat. But I miss my first one. I currently have 2 sens, 1 albino sen, my new baby del (which looks to have the personality I miss, and a gold dust.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
When I bought my home we got that shiny $8000 tax credit and my wife new I wanted a fish tank so she pushed me to get one. I walked into a jacks aquarium bought a 29g and saw two electric blue crayfish (procambrius alleni) I guessed male and female by the claw shape (grew up in Maine ate a lot of lobster) and was right they bred like crazy and their babys payed for me to upgrade all my equipment in store credit with a LFS. to two 55g tanks and a friend gave me an abused 75g for free.

Needless to say when you are first setting up a bunch of tanks you wander around every fish store you can find. The petsmart near me had 2 "dinosaur bicher" on sale for $1.50 and they were adorable. 1 grew sow and did not make it cus he got eaten and a bought an albino sen so I would still have two. The other was 13-14 inches 6 years later when he pulled a hudini on me and went out the back of my tank. I found him to late.

The one that jumped tank is what got me hooked that fish had more personality than most dogs. Both he and the dempsey he shared his tank with would follow when ever I walked by. If I sat to watch the tank they would give me a show.

I still have the albino sen It is little and fat. But I miss my first one. I currently have 2 sens, 1 albino sen, my new baby del (which looks to have the personality I miss, and a gold dust.
Cool story.... yeah you had a bit of mts (multiple tank syndrome)

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store