ID this worm?

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hey mfk. Some of you may have seen my threads about treating sick catfish - one is doing great, the other barly clinging to life. This afternoon the one cat died and had this worm hanging off her. I have been treating for internal parasites, but this cat never ate anything aince the day I got her. All other inhabitants are eating their medicated food and i expect a full recovery for them. But can anyone ID exactly what time of internal worm this is? Is it contagious to my other fish? Etc

20160521_182809.jpg

20160521_190806.jpg

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The pleco also had his way with her 2 days ago, hence the body damage and bloody gills.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Im feeding Jungle Anti-Parasite medicated fish food for internal parasites. The bottle states it treats "camallanus" among a few others. Is this a good treatment option or should I be looking for something else?

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
does have levamisol so maybe. not sure of the strength and quantity needed to be eaten.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bottle says feed exclusively for 3 straight days as much as the fish will eat in one feeding. I can't remember what else after that - if anything. I've been doing every other day just to not overfeed. The only hard part is telling if the white poop will change colour because the pellets are very light coloured themselves. Tomorrow will be 3 days exclusively, so I may still toss in a few medicated pellets alongside her regular food until the weeks done.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I can't tell if the poop is white coloured because of the light colour food or if its still a sign of internal parasites. What do you guys think? Shes had the 3 day exclusive medicated food and had some of her regular food as well after her 3 day period (sinking carnivore pellets and cut up shrimp). Should I maybe wait a few days and do another 3 day treatment with the medicated foods?

20160531_233057.jpg

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
stool looks normal to me. the white stuff behind hind it looks like cut up fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store