Channa Gachua Breeding

deenblitzed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
No , they won't unless you leave the fry in the tank until they mature and start to fight each other, at that point the parents will start to drive out the larger ones to protect the smaller ones.
Thank you Devin.

That's what I thought, channas are very protective of their fries. I asked this question because I noticed that the number of the fries looks like its decreasing but not too obvious

deenblitzed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
No , they won't unless you leave the fry in the tank until they mature and start to fight each other, at that point the parents will start to drive out the larger ones to protect the smaller ones.
Thank you Devin.

That's what I thought, channas are very protective of their fries. I asked this question because I noticed that the number of the fries looks like its decreasing but not in significant amounts

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
There is some canablism between fry , but as they get older they also get better at hiding you'll be amazed at how many you don't see !!.

Slick Sosa

Feeder Fish
May 25, 2016
Two weeks ago there was a shipment of Gachuas that arrived in Malaysia from India. The dealer said they were Channa Gachua Purple (is there such a thing?). Intrigued I decided to get 5 of them since they were on the small side.

After 2 days in the tank I noticed that 2 of them were acting kind of aggressive towards the rest so I decided to monitor them closely before I take further action (i.e. removing the other 3 to a different tank.

While I was monitoring them I was in for a treat....

Slick Sosa

Feeder Fish
May 25, 2016
Thank you Devin.

That's what I thought, channas are very protective of their fries. I asked this question because I noticed that the number of the fries looks like its decreasing but not in significant amounts
can i get one in US?

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique

deenblitzed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Btw congrats on the breeding!

Hmmm guys ive gotta situation now, it seems that the numbers of baby gachuas with me are depleting. Seeems like the siblings are killing each other.

Any tips guys?

Thanks

Deen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store