Green terror not looking too good

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
Thanks guys I really appreciate the input, I'll try to get my hands on some of that prazi stuff, I hope it works I really don't wanna lose this terror he is a joy to have.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
What generally has a better success rate prazipro or metro?
ok look, just use both+. G o buy Tetra Parasite Guard tablets - they are Metronidazole, Praziquantel, Diflubenzuron, and Acriflavine. Can't get much better than that compound. Do large WC, Take carbon/charcoal element out of filter, treat as directed. Should be every 2 days w/ a 25% WC in between tablets - 1 tablet per 10 gallons.

Do that and stop feeding goldfish and garbage-junk foods and you will be fine.

Read the directions before you walk out of the store so you know how many boxes you will need. I used them for years and they work well.

Reactions: axs377 and BMac91

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
If there is nothing else in the 30 gallon you moved him to, that is a good hospital tank for a fish his size. Not a huge amount of water to have to treat and/or change.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
If there is nothing else in the 30 gallon you moved him to, that is a good hospital tank for a fish his size. Not a huge amount of water to have to treat and/or change.
Regardless, if the 30 has more than one fish treat anyway......parasites don't take long to spread, especially after seeing how fish eat crap as much as they eat food.....just mouthing it can transfer parasites and pathogens to mucous membranes etc.

Just because the fish in the 125g that had the GT LOOK ok visually for now doesn't mean they are in the clear - I would bet better than 50% chance they are also infected, especially if they have been receiving the feederfish as well. Treating all tanks is the best choice, and other things can cross contaminate such as siphon hoses, nets, etc....ANYTHING that touches infected tank water also runs the potential to carry/transmit diseases to other tanks

Reactions: celebrist

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Also make sure you continue dosing even after the fish stops looking infected/starts eating again, to make sure you have cleaned it up fully. The last thing you want is the problem to come back, but resistant to the medicines you are using.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store