Any idea how big of a tank a remora needs?

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I'm not entirely sure would be most suitable for these fish. All I was able to find online so far is "NO YOU CAN'T KEEP IT IN A 50 GALLON YOU NEED A BIG TANK." Lol, so there's that. I was thinking they might do well in a 800 gallon? Wonder if the could live in a 4x4x3 though, but that does seem a bit small. I just don't know what type of tank it would be capable of surviving (somewhat well) in.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
You need to name the species you're interested in keeping. They range in size from 11" to 35" in average adult length.

View attachment 1184875
Ah My bad. Actually, I even made a real big mistake, what I'm looking for isn't a remora, but a Echeneis neucratoides,whitefin shark sucker.

But I've found conflicting information though, like this http://fishsupplyunderwater.com/marine-fish-sharks---rays-ramora-shark.html
Says they grow to 18'' while wikipedia, the only other real source I could find atm says they tend to not grow about 20'', but can possibly reach 30''

Then again, I haven't been able to ID the sharksucker being sold, so I'm quite confused.if possible, could someone ID that fish, as well as the one in this video:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store