compatibility?

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Not sure about where i said im the god of keeping fish tanks or knowing everything, but sure why not. I mean, if you see me that way without me having to say it then i guess it must be kind of true. Right?

In all honesty- frank i wasnt talking chit in the begining, i was sharing my damn opinion. Is that not allowed?

At NO POINT did i intentionally insult your ability or intelligence. In fact, if im willing to come back and say you are right, that means i think damn high of you. And a few weeks, ok sure. Ive done this for like 7 years which might not be as long as your crusty old ass but its long enough to learn some stuff on my own ok?

I said what I WOULD DO.

NOT WHAT ANYONE ELSE SHOULD DO

and what i would do is a safer option anyway, with less chance of aggression/death. Again, i dont see a problem there.

And sure, im a dumbass sometimes. I will admit it, like i will with whatever fault i have. At least when im being retarded i have a personal reason or will come around. You just took my personal opinion and turned it into an attack against yourself.

So yeah, more experience, sure. No issues admitting it. Are you right pretty often? Sure. Am i ok with admitting it? Yeah.

I had no problem with you. Now i do, *******.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Not sure about where i said im the god of keeping fish tanks or knowing everything, but sure why not. I mean, if you see me that way without me having to say it then i guess it must be kind of true. Right?

In all honesty- frank i wasnt talking chit in the begining, i was sharing my damn opinion. Is that not allowed?

At NO POINT did i intentionally insult your ability or intelligence. In fact, if im willing to come back and say you are right, that means i think damn high of you. And a few weeks, ok sure. Ive done this for like 7 years which might not be as long as your crusty old ass but its long enough to learn some stuff on my own ok?

I said what I WOULD DO.

NOT WHAT ANYONE ELSE SHOULD DO

and what i would do is a safer option anyway, with less chance of aggression/death. Again, i dont see a problem there.

And sure, im a dumbass sometimes. I will admit it, like i will with whatever fault i have. At least when im being retarded i have a personal reason or will come around. You just took my personal opinion and turned it into an attack against yourself.

So yeah, more experience, sure. No issues admitting it. Are you right pretty often? Sure. Am i ok with admitting it? Yeah.

I had no problem with you. Now i do, *******.
shame, it's your own fault. pull your head out of your ass and re-read your post and see why it was offensive. At least I can respect you if you can figure that out.

and as for having a problem with me.....LOL. it would be in your best interest not to. If you haven't noticed, people on MFK who have problems with me aren't here anymore......and when they are here, everyone reminds them of why they left.

Like I said, don't forget who you're talking to.

oh, that's right.....you'll never forget me as "The one person who STOOD UP FOR YOU when everyone else was trolling you and wanted you to leave MFK."

Did you conveniently forget that?

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Alright, alright you guys hash it out with PMs. You've got Logi so amped he can't keep his story straight anymore, last post of his I read he was talking about being in this hobby for 10+ years (7 or 8 years old??) but now he is back down to in the hobby for 7. Who knows anymore.
OP's thread has gone to crap lol

OP, back on topic again.
GTs, Severums, and Geos will not even be close to matching the growth rate of an Oscar. My previous experience with GTs were pretty slow growth rates. Severums, were what I would consider moderate, pretty quickly until they hit about 6" and considerably slow. Obviously you play a large part in growth rates as well, if you keep pristine conditions, and a regularly fed varied diet, you can manipulate the growth rates some, vs mediocre water conditions and feeing the same thing every day. As most cichlids, these guys will be the same. A nice pellet staple, homemade food, spirulina, blood worms, etc. I prefer making homemade food for the larger guys can I can mix a lot of the things I want to feed together and blend it up. I have run into problems with the Geos doing homemade food as they aren't quite large enough to really enjoy a large chunk of frozen food.

What is the stocking that you are leaning towards at the moment? Still seems like you are pretty undecided across the board.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Alright, alright you guys hash it out with PMs. You've got Logi so amped he can't keep his story straight anymore, last post of his I read he was talking about being in this hobby for 10+ years (7 or 8 years old??) but now he is back down to in the hobby for 7. Who knows anymore.
OP's thread has gone to crap lol

OP, back on topic again.
GTs, Severums, and Geos will not even be close to matching the growth rate of an Oscar. My previous experience with GTs were pretty slow growth rates. Severums, were what I would consider moderate, pretty quickly until they hit about 6" and considerably slow. Obviously you play a large part in growth rates as well, if you keep pristine conditions, and a regularly fed varied diet, you can manipulate the growth rates some, vs mediocre water conditions and feeing the same thing every day. As most cichlids, these guys will be the same. A nice pellet staple, homemade food, spirulina, blood worms, etc. I prefer making homemade food for the larger guys can I can mix a lot of the things I want to feed together and blend it up. I have run into problems with the Geos doing homemade food as they aren't quite large enough to really enjoy a large chunk of frozen food.

What is the stocking that you are leaning towards at the moment? Still seems like you are pretty undecided across the board.
not a big deal, I might have overreacted....I don't care at this point. When I read this thread 1st I was told I had to put my dog down, and now after 5 days he' s looking like he might make it. Can't really judge emotions when your own are ******-up at the time over some isht.

Reactions: BMac91

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
not a big deal, I might have overreacted....I don't care at this point. When I read this thread 1st I was told I had to put my dog down, and now after 5 days he' s looking like he might make it. Can't really judge emotions when your own are ******-up at the time over some isht.
Good to hear that your dog is doing better, I can imagine that was a tough situation!

Reactions: Frank Castle

lukenewton

Exodon
MFK Member
May 21, 2016
I am going down the route of Oscars, GT's, severums and earth Earth eaters. Was thinking of adding the severums and earth eaters first for a couple of months then add the GT's and finally the Oscars 3/4 months after that so the others will of had time to grow. Sound okay?

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
I am going down the route of Oscars, GT's, severums and earth Earth eaters. Was thinking of adding the severums and earth eaters first for a couple of months then add the GT's and finally the Oscars 3/4 months after that so the others will of had time to grow. Sound okay?
Yeah, sounds like a good plan. I would do 1 Oscar and 1 GT, a group of Severums and a group of Geos. I think that would spread things out pretty good. My experience in the past has been as long as the oscar is getting enough food and the tank is large enough, which yours is, the Geos pretty much keep to themselves and the oscar isn't usually interested. I would shoot for the largest geos you can find when purchasing. If anything is under 3" when you buy it, I'd give them 6 months before adding an oscar, but that is just me. You would probably do best adding the GT and Oscar at the same time, months later. That way they can work things out while they are little, might reduce the chances of any nonsense when they get larger.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yeah, sounds like a good plan. I would do 1 Oscar and 1 GT, a group of Severums and a group of Geos. I think that would spread things out pretty good. My experience in the past has been as long as the oscar is getting enough food and the tank is large enough, which yours is, the Geos pretty much keep to themselves and the oscar isn't usually interested. I would shoot for the largest geos you can find when purchasing. If anything is under 3" when you buy it, I'd give them 6 months before adding an oscar, but that is just me. You would probably do best adding the GT and Oscar at the same time, months later. That way they can work things out while they are little, might reduce the chances of any nonsense when they get larger.
When adding the Oscars, make sure the current stock are too big to fit in a full-grown Oscar's mouth and try to get Oscars that are a few inches larger than the others since they are total punks and can't fight for jack. Oscars are the sissys of the cichlid world and an adult male GT would tear it a new one if it wanted to.....maybe even a female. Always gotta keep the Oscars bigger than the others, but not with anything they can eat or attempt to eat

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Wow man these threads are getting more and more ridiculous. With the pointless arguing everyone shoud be entitled to their opinions guys

Op good luck with the tank i think the stock you chose will do good in a tank that big.

Sometimes no matter the tank size or amount of decor you put in the tank some fish will just be trouble makers. Sometimes you just have to tinker unfil you find the right mix

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store