When is mean just too mean?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Your right. Your 300 gallon tank is way too small to add another poly. :)
I feel like it is when it is a tall 'show' tank. If it had the dimensions of 30" wide and 24" tall, I would feel better about more polys . Im also considering the fishes at full adult size. When the 16" endli swims around it already makes the tank feel small. The way its going with its growth rate I think there is no issue with it being an 18-20" fish. The other polys are growing slower but I see potential for a bunch of large fish thats all.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I feel like it is when it is a tall 'show' tank. If it had the dimensions of 30" wide and 24" tall, I would feel better about more polys . Im also considering the fishes at full adult size. When the 16" endli swims around it already makes the tank feel small. The way its going with its growth rate I think there is no issue with it being an 18-20" fish. The other polys are growing slower but I see potential for a bunch of large fish thats all.
How big is your tank anyway??

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I forgot to add I am also dealing with a few cichlids in there too.
14" Pearsei
11" Red bay snook
6.5" hetrospilus

So Im also considering the bioload of the entire tank. I want to maintain the easy maintenance of a tank that is not overstocked. I still do multiple water changes a week but that because I want to keep the tank looking crispy clean not because I have to or else the fish suffer.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I forgot to add I am also dealing with a few cichlids in there too.
14" Pearsei
11" Red bay snook
6.5" hetrospilus

So Im also considering the bioload of the entire tank. I want to maintain the easy maintenance of a tank that is not overstocked. I still do multiple water changes a week but that because I want to keep the tank looking crispy clean not because I have to or else the fish suffer.

Love that stock with the polys. You got to post a video soon. I use to own a 14" Pearsei. Man they get fat as u and jaws777 know. Just interrupt pellet feedings for polys!!!!

Reactions: jaws7777 and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Love that stock with the polys. You got to post a video soon. I use to own a 14" Pearsei. Man they get fat as u and jaws777 know. Just interrupt pellet feedings for polys!!!!
Yeah, I remember when you used to be into cichlids. You had quite a nice collection. But all the bickering gets kind of old after a while. I just rehomed my regani due to aggression. It really is tough to get cichlids to get along and now Im having to do something about it with the polys, lol.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, I remember when you used to be into cichlids. You had quite a nice collection. But all the bickering gets kind of old after a while. I just rehomed my regani due to aggression. It really is tough to get cichlids to get along and now Im having to do something about it with the polys, lol.
Idk, bickering among cichlids is always easy for me to understand. Usually its caused by breeding, temperature or space.... with polys it's different.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Idk, bickering among cichlids is always easy for me to understand. Usually its caused by breeding, temperature or space.... with polys it's different.
The breeding thing was the reason the regani had to go. Every spring he got sprung and would terrorize the tank. Basically took control of the tank from the female pearsei and made for a totally unpeaceful, uncalm tank. I had no where to put him and was just done with it. My tank is calm with the three cichlids I have left.

The poly however I have not quite figured out. I thought the weeksii maybe got along a litte... Nope, I watched the endli grab it by side fin and pick it up and move it. No torn up fin but pretty brutal behavior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store