Jebao = Taking over the world with Cheap! low power usage pumps & Wave makers, look

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Are you interested in other DC brands? I've recommended Waveline pumps that are just a bit more expensive. I run the 12000 and 10000ll for over a year. In another application 12000 were running for 4 yrs going strong. AquariumSpecialty had one of the early reviews on the gen1. I also saw that Beananimal had a good review after I had been running.

I have family members that use deepwater and ecotech DC as well, but they do cost more.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Are you interested in other DC brands? I've recommended Waveline pumps that are just a bit more expensive. I run the 12000 and 10000ll for over a year. In another application 12000 were running for 4 yrs going strong. AquariumSpecialty had one of the early reviews on the gen1. I also saw that Beananimal had a good review after I had been running.

I have family members that use deepwater and ecotech DC as well, but they do cost more.
I have 2 speedwave, or waveline.....not sure which anymore because they are reliable. Both are used in small sumps and hhave been run low on water more than I want to admit. 3 years or so and performing great.

DrawnToBeaches

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
Orange county, CA
Just yesterday had prob my 5th jebao pump die, im seriously annoyed with these pumps... I highly advise people not to buy these pumps!!!!
There are issues like you're having with every pump brand, as there are similar situations to mine, I have 2 year old pumps and wave makers still going 100%. Where as my first waveland died under 3 months.

DrawnToBeaches

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
Orange county, CA
For me cheap is poor quality , put aside the money ; we are not talking hundreds of dollars here, but when it
comes to reliability these pumps speak for themself, I had read numerous reviews because I wanted to give
them a second chance, but not for now; I will wait. It pretty upsetting to come home to find out your pump is not working after few months risking your life stock.
If the only thing keeping your livestock alive is a pump I would redesign your system.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Just as an update, Just in the last little while, Both of my wave makers have gone bad, I think its the controller that is the bad part, I also had a pump go out and I have not played with it much but it just seems dead, and I had one power brick go out on me, but the other works so I swapped it out from the other pump, Overall though I still have 4 of these pumps running, I was interested to see what I could get out of these little pumps and I have been amazed at how well they have worked for me. Are they the best pumps in the world? Probably not, but have they done exactly what I wanted them to do which is be cheap and run cheap and power my setup YES. Could I have done it some other ways, sure, would it have been more work or more money YES very much.

I am going to be reworking my entire system soon and the question I wondered 2 years ago when I started playing with these pump was would I use these on my build when I get to it?

No, I plan to stick with the reeflo pumps. But why?

While they have been good and now a new generation of pumps has been avail that I hear are even better I still need mass amount of flow, more than these can produce, and while they will always be here doing certain tasks till they all die I just cant come to the point of buying 2 or 3 to do the job of one super hammerhead pump,

Overall my setup plans are changing and with that new requirements are set and needs must be met with certain equipment. Bead filters for example would be interesting to try with say three of these looped together but its not really that easy when you start thinking of all the plumbing and everything involved. I would say to anyone that they can easily buy one of these to run a rather large setup but also other options are avail. Find your needs and go with what will help you best. I hope all your pumps no matter the brand keep going for many years and without issues.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I’m also interested to hear an update. I haven’t read this entire thread but in your 2016 post you mentioned not using Jebao pumps because they couldn’t deliver the flow you need. Do you still find that to be true with the DCP 20,000 available? I don’t know what your build entails and how much flow you need, so I am just curious.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I do think the pumps are under rated a little, Yes they do flow a fair amount but overall I am a Reeflo fan for how long they last with no need to touch them or worry about power off restart issues which killed all the Jebao pumps that I had. Reeflo pumps seem to last 7-10 ish years easily. Even more I more appreciate the Baldor motors on reeflo style pumps. I am running 3 large pumps on my new setup. here is my new current setup. Further in you can find filtration.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...must-build-bigger.676666/page-22#post-7968834

I’m also interested to hear an update. I haven’t read this entire thread but in your 2016 post you mentioned not using Jebao pumps because they couldn’t deliver the flow you need. Do you still find that to be true with the DCP 20,000 available? I don’t know what your build entails and how much flow you need, so I am just curious.

Reactions: robham777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store