Is there a risk

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Hi never been in this section of the forum but saw a few Indo dats popping up for sale near me not cheap though (900$ fair price for oz) and well i really like them! is there a risk with peacock bass rays and arowana or will they all find there spot in the tank the tank will be 8x4x2.5 which I'm about to start building (just picked up plywood today)
cheers turtles

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You might have some squabbles here and there or they may just ignore ech other.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
DO you have pictures off datnoid you talking about? 900$ is better be ST wide bar other wise its really expensive dat. Need to have nice clean bars and body structure. if you can get pictures or some sample pictures that look like the fish you saw it would be helpful. Datnoid has many variety and price range are big different.

Tank mate are best with arowana but will do well with others like ray,pbass pretty much almost anything fish.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
DO you have pictures off datnoid you talking about? 900$ is better be ST wide bar other wise its really expensive dat. Need to have nice clean bars and body structure. if you can get pictures or some sample pictures that look like the fish you saw it would be helpful. Datnoid has many variety and price range are big different.

Tank mate are best with arowana but will do well with others like ray,pbass pretty much almost anything fish.
If he's in aus it may be a reasonable price. I pay between $25-$30 for a synodontis nigriventris (sp?) over here, but apparently they're $4 fish in the USA. Its all about location and Australia is one hella expensive place for fish keeping. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If he's in aus it may be a reasonable price. I pay between $25-$30 for a synodontis nigriventris (sp?) over here, but apparently they're $4 fish in the USA. Its all about location and Australia is one hella expensive place for fish keeping. :)
Agreed,Ausralia probably has every other area beat when it comes to high aquarium fish prices....that said,I'd love to find a ST here in the U.S. for nine hundred bucks!

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Agreed,Ausralia probably has every other area beat when it comes to high aquarium fish prices....that said,I'd love to find a ST here in the U.S. for nine hundred bucks!
I was actually thinking about starting a thread to see how much price differs with location. I was going to use basic fish that (almost) everyone can acquire and get people to post how much that fish is worth in their country/state/location so that people can get an idea of how much their favorite hobby costs in other geographical locations. :)

Also, sorry OP, I'll stop derailing your thread now. :D

Reactions: bbortko and kno4te

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Yea I'm Australia so that's a cheap price for average looking datnoid think I might leave the dats out of this don't want to spend that much to only have to re home him if it doesn't work out thanks guys great help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store