2ft snowflake eel

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Nice eel and trigger fish will make a great tank mate. Just make sure your tank is of suitable size.

Reactions: tlindsey

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
I had them in a tank once. The trigger would bite the eels tale, the eel would turn himself around, the trigger would go around the rocks and bite him again...all day long. Had to get rid of the trigger.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Picked this guy up yesterday, typically I don't name fish but the store had him named Dr. Evil and the kids like it soo....

Anyways wondering if a Niger or Picasso trigger would be a good tankmate?

View attachment 1185411
Triggers will be horrible with an eel. If it wasn't a snowflake, it would be the eel eating the trigger. But with how it is, that eel is about as big as it will get. It also doesn't have the teeth to defend itself, as snowflakes have teeth very sinilar to molars that they use to crush hard shells.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Make sure you have a lid on the tank, go with a less aggressive trigger like a Niger if you want to keep an eel with him. Like stated make sure the tank is larger enough for the two. Avoid the really nasty triggers like undulated. I think a black indo or pink tail would also work nicely

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I had them in a tank once. The trigger would bite the eels tale, the eel would turn himself around, the trigger would go around the rocks and bite him again...all day long. Had to get rid of the trigger.
What type of trigger did you have with the eel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store