Will steel tweezers hurt my sunfish's teeth?

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
I have a pair of sturdy 14" tweezers that are supposed to be for planting things but are being used to feed my fish. Whenever I offer my warmouth something in them, he lunges, grabs the food and up to an inch of tweezer, and yanks it away, and I can hear his teeth scraping on the tweezers. Could this end up hurting him? I like tweezer-feeding him because I can get him to chase things and he gets all excited, but I'll stop if it could injure him.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
does not sound like a good ideal to me.

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Will get a pair of those, thanks. He didn't used to cram the tweezers into his mouth, he'd just grab the food, but lately he's grown enough to fit his mouth around the food and the tweezers in one go.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Will get a pair of those, thanks. He didn't used to cram the tweezers into his mouth, he'd just grab the food, but lately he's grown enough to fit his mouth around the food and the tweezers in one go.
lol so ur just doing a good job in raising him. I'll try n get a video up, but my female ray will literally hump/molest the tweezers tryin to get at the shrimp just cuz shes so excited.

Reactions: McPhish

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I won't worry to much about it. If it bothers you try putting airline tubing over the tips. If the tweezers are to narrow you can use superglue to glue the tubes on.

Reactions: convict360

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
im sure the fish has some idea of what he is doing but if it looked like he could hurt himself id probably stop.

do you have a video of him doing it?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I won't worry to much about it. If it bothers you try putting airline tubing over the tips. If the tweezers are to narrow you can use superglue to glue the tubes on.
daaaaamn is that you in your avatar?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
lol bro thats "Kali Muscle" from youtube...BTW im not rly deadpool, this is just a pic i took off the web to use as my avatar just in case if u were wondering
I don't know who Kali muscle is. However, I do know you're not a cartoon character... Smart ass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store